Love Is An Illusion - Reviews

Alt title: Sarangeun Hwansang!

Love Is An Illusion
Rhawnie's avatar
Dec 4, 2018

Absolutely love this manga, it is so so so very Good. Here we have a emotionally scarred but independent omega and a overbearing alpha that loves him and is trying to be what his uke needs...  There are some frustrating moments but the good moments are made just that much sweeter. Added to all this is the fact that in reading this I got to see a very unique omegaverse experience, that I would not have seen in any other manga in this genre thus far (yes I am teasing you..). Read it and find out what Im talking about, I highly recommend this awesome manga! <3

8.5/10 story
YoukoChan's avatar
Apr 21, 2020

I'll start this off by saying, I really did enjoy this manhua a lot. It's story was interesting to me, and despite one of the MCs being a rather bratty character, somehow I still enjoyed him, even if he was occassionally frustrating, because it was something DIFFERENT fromt he stereotype of an omega. Now for the most important thing I have to say about this:

It was marked with sexual abuse. I knew what I was getting in to. I had hopes that maybe, possibly it would be mild to the point where I could ignore it, but unltimately I ended up extremely frustrated. When it was in the begining I understood. Omegas and Alphas have heats and ruts and pheremones and all that shit is crazy and confusing, I understand that some mistakes are made, and because it's fiction, I can sort of kind of let it slide... but then it continued and I became more and more frustrated. It felt like the MC alpha didn't learn something that's so simple a child could understand it!!!

If your partner is saying: "Wait!" you wait. If they say "Stop!" you stop. If they say "I don't want this!" STOP!!!!!!!

I don't care if someone thinks "Oh it's just a cute tsundere who doesn't know how to say he actually likes it and he loves it anyway so get over it."

It's.

Frustrating!!!!!

If it was just in the beginning I could let it go, and probably give a way better rating for this series, but because in THE LATE STAGES, like, somewhere around like 50 chapters in, it happens again, and the main alpha makes the same mistake AGAIN, I'm pissed off about it. Everyone's so harsh on the main omega because he's "Annoying" but in the long run he was an extreme abuse victim from his family, traumatized terribly even though it was glossed over some of the time, and then he was sexually assulted by the main alpha. His body autonomy was taken away. He got pregnant. Never REALLY had a choice because he didn't UNDERSTAND, because he thought he was an ALPHA his entire life!! Of fucking course someone is going to act like an asshole in this situation!??!?!

I would not be this frustrated about this one little detail if it weren't for the fact that I seriously loved EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF THIS MANHUA. Everything else I loved. I enjoyed the characters, the world building, the story lines to an extent. I just feel like if at least the mistakes of the main alpha stayed in the beginning of the story, I could get over it, but when he repeated the same mistake he had already made I lost faith in him as a character and felt so increadibly let down.

So that's that. A review and a rant about this manhua. I would recommend it to people who don't have a problem with the dubious consent/sexual assult aspects and can over look it for the otherwise cuteness and interesting storyline.

Feelings: Enjoyment ending in dissapointment.

bleh123456's avatar
Dec 4, 2019

Honestly. Hyesung is WAY too annoying. I stopped reading this because of his personality. It's so annoying! Like HONESTLY! So Dojin is trying his best to make Hyesung happy but Hyesung was just being rude and all that. I mean it started since the 10th chapter or something like that. '^' Hyesung's annoying. Dojin's the best. Hyesung just ruined the storyline for me. I would have rated the characters 1 out of 10 but Dojin made it better.

3.5/10 story
4.5/10 overall
ViTieuVi's avatar
Nov 10, 2019

Cốt truyện hay, mong cập nhật nhiều nhiều nha

Bellerhos's avatar
May 7, 2019

I love how the story goes. Still wanting for more chapter to read until it's already completed.  The character itself got me interest including the float of the story. The art is seems realistic. Makes you think it's real.

I also recommended this to my friends and collegues. How it will  be adopt in anime. It will be probably popular..