Lout of Count’s Family - Reviews

Alt titles: Baekjakgaui Mangnaniga Doeeotda, Trash of the Count's Family

Lout of Count’s Family
v1ad's avatar
Nov 10, 2020

This quite the original isekai here. The main character is totaly different from any other main character as the other charcters he hes some particularities that makes him unique, it is simple to remember the characters of this manhua.The plot is intersting but quite slow. Moreover the way the hero think can be quite perturbing. I advise ti read it to undersatnd the difference between this isekai and the others.

9.5/10 art
YukinaZero's avatar
Nov 29, 2020

It's just so interesting and entertaining to read. You never really know what to expect because I feel like this type of take on isekai isn't done very often. I also love the MC personality, he's so chill and realistic. In fact, all the characters including the beasts are super original and great. The animals are also cute, which is a plus.

6.9/10 art
sugarcookys's avatar
May 1, 2021

This is one of those stories where you'll end up searching for the novel since you're too impatient to wait for the next chapter of the manhwa because it's too good.

The art piqued my interest the first time I saw it and I ended up reading it out of curiousity. But after a few chapter into the manhwa, I was a little lost. It became harder for me to understand what was happening anymore which lead me into reading the novel. And only after reading the novel, I could understand the manhwa much better. I just think that the manhwa could do a little better on explaining stuff but overall I really really love both the novel and the manhwa a lot!

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 21, 2020

As per yoojh, I didn't appreciate the imported artwork--photos and 3D renderings--used in some of the backgrounds. There are some pretty beautiful characters, but the eyes (especially Cale's) are kinda unexpressive. Colorful and shimmery panels.

The exposition of events is lacking. Like, we know Cale is using the events from the novel to prevent some things and gain advantages (for the quixotic goal of living peacefully), but the way these events are introduced and tied together feels very haphazard. Frequently, things feel half-explained or as though they're just missing something. For some reason, I get that impression almost every time Ron is brought up. I don't really care for the shield and vitality quests, nor the implication that fe will continue tracking down these spirits and gaining power-ups. Most of the allies that end up surrounding Cale I don't have strong feelings about one way or another (they're just there to show how this supposed "trash" is actually a decent leader), but the dragon is absolutely adorable. It's like the animal version of a tsundere, where it follows behind them from a distance. I got How To Train Your Dragon flashbacks.

Seeing Cale being wily, competent, and nonchalant while suppressing feir dread is quite entertaining and keeps me wanting to read more. But the awkward exposition, the meh side characters, and some uncompelling plot choices have held this manhwa to mediocrity (at least for me).

[Reviewed at chapter 33]

L0stAuthority's avatar
Apr 12, 2021

Making this review after reading 46 chapters.

Imma start off the review by saying it's extremely different from your ordinary action, isekai manwha. The main character is originally a character who is transported into the world and all he wants is to live a comfortable life, but there are times where he nonchantly helps other characters with his knowledge and power (like that DrAGon in the cover page). He's so indifferent to everything. (even that OP dRAgOn in the cover page) Anyways, it's a pretty refreshing read and very different from your ordinary webtoon. There's comical and cool moments sprinkled here and there. The artwork is passable by my standards even though the facial expressions look a little uh... off at times. (there was a scene where I thought the back of the dRAgoN's head was a rat or smt like that.) Characters are blunt at times and sometimes their decision-making could use more explaining by the story. Anyways, I love the main character's personality and would recommend this manwha to others.

TLDR - watch out for that cover page dRaGoN. they're honestly so cool. I want one myself...

9.5/10 story