Lord of the Mysteries - Reviews

Alt title: Guimi Zhi Zhu

Lord of the Mysteries
undiagnosedheart's avatar
Jun 5, 2020

Lord of Mysteries seems like it had a lot of potential going from the novel format to a manhwa but they weren't able to properly execute it.

The story sounds really interesting but the manga is very messy and many things aren't explained well. It definitely interested me enough to give the novel a try out, but the manhwa didn't feel like a fully fleshed out story. It felt like artwork for the novel-fans.

As for art, the characters aren't amazing but they're pretty acceptable. Most of the background is just stylized color gradients though, and when they do add background art it feels kind of off. Sometimes objects look bigger than they do in other panels, or things such as flooring has really nice textures and then you have a horse composed of 3 colors that can barely be called shading. I think the best way to explain it is that it looks like they took an IRL photo, blurred it a bit, and then drew over it. Many of the translated versions of the manhwa I found had pages switched around which tore apart a lot of the experience too.

As for the characters, I gave no answer due to the fact that most characters feel 2d if you haven't read enough of the story and I gave up after 20 chapters.

I believe that this manhwa could become something very nice if they had put a little bit more effort into slowing down the story's pace and adding in information about the world around them in a way that didn't feel like a wall of text (like the notebook.) Who knows, maybe in later chapters they get better at this. If they do, tell me. I would definitely give it a second chance.

MangaXexperts's avatar
Jan 12, 2022

This manhua is more similar to i am not the demon king's lackey. The character performs and ritual and gets transmigrated in a new world inside the body of a student who has just freshly commited suicide. This world is brimming with mystery and fantasy and the reason why the original owner of his body commited suicide is a mystery. It is quite good. This world is a little bit different from the isekai worlds we are used to so there is a lot of explanations for things which can get boring sometimes. It is good but only read it if you can ead a ton of dialogues without any fighting. This is more of a mystery manhua

Selley's avatar
Feb 19, 2020

The lilltle of English I learn was because of this novel. I love it so much.

The beginning of it was a little slow, but it just became better the more I read. The character development it's amazing and I cried so much reading this.

It's the kind novel that I wish it was a movie and never end, cause I really get attached to every character, even the villains are good and it have a great world view.

Please read it, but I recommend the novel more.