Lima Syndrome - Reviews

Lima Syndrome
kkimczyra's avatar
Jan 19, 2022

A list of trigger warnings can be found in this manhwa, such as rape or non-consensual sex, confinement, manipulation, trauma, and violence. I wouldn't recommend reading this manhwa if any of the aforementioned factors affect your mental health.

The more I read, the more my mind was messed up, but I can't even fathom how fucked up this manhwa is. I can't really stand how Heewon manipulates and abuses Mooyoung, along with his twisted and sickening love for him. It gave me shivers to learn that he got it from his mother. Both he and his mother are frightening and have a totally fucked up mindset and personality. It made me sick to think of what she did to her husband to make him love her. I pity Mooyoung, who has had to go through this nightmare. It saddens me deeply that he actually fell in love with this monster. Not only does Mooyoung suffer, but he is also deceived by the person he thought he could trust the most.

0.5/10 overall
n00ds's avatar
Jan 6, 2022

tldr: I cannot deny that this is a masterpiece of psychological horror.

Hands down one the most fucked up Yaois I've ever read. This should honestly be tagged as psychological horror. Part of my sense horror probably stems from being a r*pe and sexual trauma survivor, so I can truly empathize with the victim and their state of mind.

I would have liked to see more in the ending. Perhaps a longer term implication or time lapse. Part of the horror is imagining where it goes from there, but I think that's by the author's design. Babsot knew exactly what they were doing to us.

The art is outstanding despite all other potential drawbacks. Sometimes I'd just scroll through a whole chapter only looking at the characters before going back and reading for the plot.

9.5/10 art
Army8otaku's avatar
Mar 28, 2023

Started and completed on 28 March 2023

I am a big fan of psychological yaoi and this shit is exactly that

There is typically no reason for me to not like this.... Tho I wished it was a little longer and tbh i really wanted a happy ending but ig this ending too was not bad i mean....the ending was like suitable to the whole plot and the whole story

So yah it was a good one but again I wished 4 it to be longer....

Definitely worth reading but *read at your own risk*

Coz this includes rape violence manipulation captivation and all shit some people might hate and find disturbing

so....

9.5/10 characters
jllybeans's avatar
May 27, 2023

Lima Syndrome suffers from a directionless plot and an abrupt ending, like it wanted to go somewhere interesting but fell flat of the intended plan. The idea is amazing, and the story start is wonderful, but it needed a lot more fleshing out. The side stories were better than the story itself and made it shine more, but the overall main plot ends up being forgettable, unfortunately.

Emy95's avatar
Jan 11, 2022

[NO SPOILERS!]

Well, Jesus lol this was intense, I think this is one of the most extreme obsession cases in BL comics that I have ever read, and it's quite bitter too lol. It's a bit predictable and generic in it's ways, and the key point, hinted by the tittle, could have been more developed. But I think it does the job and if you are a fan of the theme and/or want something twisted this is an eligible option.