Light and Shadow

RenxHinaya's avatar
Mar 16, 2019

It has these

1. A strong female lead
  2. Neat romance (after a few chapters)
  3. A lot about kingdoms
  4. Good artwork
  5. Slight, like very slight smut... only towarss the beginning
  6. Good plot
  7. Good side characters
  8. Promising ending

So, initially even though female lead seems weak and dumb, you will tend to love her later. It is not your usual manga where the man aids his wife, or his wife aids him

It ia a near line of clear support from both parties later...initially it may seem misogynistic and very weak. Later, you will like it.

Since it is incomplete, you may not wanna pick it up. But it is worth the wait for every week.

Art work is not extravagant. It is simple but conveys all. It gets a little confusing as to the back stories...that is still confusing for me...as to whose son is who, who is protecting who and stuff

This part also gets a little boring...for me in my case since am not a fan of realllllly political situations

Lupa's avatar
Jun 14, 2019

If you like a strong female MC, then this webcomic is for you. Edna initially seemed like she was going to be a weak character who gets pushed around by the circumstances and people around her, but with every chapter that went by, she became more badass and confident. I loved her! Edna and Eli make a great, well-balanced power couple, and their relationship with each other becomes very heartfelt.

The plot was good - good pacing and a nice mix of both romance and action. Enough plot twists to keep things from getting stale or predictable . I've seen this webcomic labelled as "smut", but aside from a few brief scenes at the beginning there isn't much content that would fall into that category. The emphasis of this webcomic is definitely the plot and character development, not fan service.

*minor spoilers* There were a few minor things that kept me from rating this webcomic as a "9" - the main one being the start of the relation ship btwn Edna and Eli. It was hard for me to like Eli after he forced himself on Edna on the first day that they met. For a quasi-medieval setting, yes, that is a realistic scenario. And yes, he eventually does apologize. But as a woman in the 21st century, it was hard for me to move past that when the author began to develop his character more. The transition of their relationship from "you are the guy who basically raped me" to "oh actually I really love you a lot" felt forced and unnatural to me.