Light and Shadow - Reviews

Light and Shadow
Lupa's avatar
Jun 14, 2019

If you like a strong female MC, then this webcomic is for you. Edna initially seemed like she was going to be a weak character who gets pushed around by the circumstances and people around her, but with every chapter that went by, she became more badass and confident. I loved her! Edna and Eli make a great, well-balanced power couple, and their relationship with each other becomes very heartfelt.

The plot was good - good pacing and a nice mix of both romance and action. Enough plot twists to keep things from getting stale or predictable . I've seen this webcomic labelled as "smut", but aside from a few brief scenes at the beginning there isn't much content that would fall into that category. The emphasis of this webcomic is definitely the plot and character development, not fan service.

*minor spoilers* There were a few minor things that kept me from rating this webcomic as a "9" - the main one being the start of the relation ship btwn Edna and Eli. It was hard for me to like Eli after he forced himself on Edna on the first day that they met. For a quasi-medieval setting, yes, that is a realistic scenario. And yes, he eventually does apologize. But as a woman in the 21st century, it was hard for me to move past that when the author began to develop his character more. The transition of their relationship from "you are the guy who basically raped me" to "oh actually I really love you a lot" felt forced and unnatural to me.

RenxHinaya's avatar
Mar 16, 2019

It has these

1. A strong female lead
  2. Neat romance (after a few chapters)
  3. A lot about kingdoms
  4. Good artwork
  5. Slight, like very slight smut... only towarss the beginning
  6. Good plot
  7. Good side characters
  8. Promising ending

So, initially even though female lead seems weak and dumb, you will tend to love her later. It is not your usual manga where the man aids his wife, or his wife aids him

It ia a near line of clear support from both parties later...initially it may seem misogynistic and very weak. Later, you will like it.

Since it is incomplete, you may not wanna pick it up. But it is worth the wait for every week.

Art work is not extravagant. It is simple but conveys all. It gets a little confusing as to the back stories...that is still confusing for me...as to whose son is who, who is protecting who and stuff

This part also gets a little boring...for me in my case since am not a fan of realllllly political situations

MilkyMartha's avatar
Sep 11, 2019

i thought the this manwhua was an amazing action romance with so many emotions . The backstory of this world was drizzled in throughout the story and was often shown not told , the characters were also developed slowly and in a sensible manner . The action and romance was thrilling , and the art style totally complimented the story . The plot was so interesting and I couldn’t stop reading after the first few chapters , it made me so happy , sad and excited and couldn’t wait to see what happened next . The story wasn’t some recycled cliche garbage but rather it’s own unique and enthralling tale . This is a must read.

DoctorStranger's avatar
Feb 19, 2020

Since the beginning Light and Shadow managed to capture my attention with its mysterious backgraound story of the character Edna. However, a lot of the intentions of the story were revealed much earlier, making the storyline easy to follow due to the lack of filler episodes, but it made the story too straight in its purpose. It was clear that everything would get resolved. I personally think the reason why this story is enjoyble, its because of its sympathetic background stories of all the characters, and its heartearming winning ending. Overall I think it is a story worth reading, the chracters are very lickable, the art is beautifyl, and the storyline is simple and exciting, but most of all it is also completed with a satifactory length. i would suggest reading this while waiting for incomplete works to update or progress further. I can't wait to read the sequel of this story called Golden Time.

ishadream's avatar
Aug 1, 2019

Kyaaa >~< such a great manhwa! The female lead is so badass. It's so difficult to find strong female leads in new manhwas nowadays. I was starting to lose hope in strong female leads because I read them all, but this was a hidden gem! There is a bit of smut in the beginning which I did not enjoy, though it can just be ignored It's not that big of a deal. The romance is really cute in the later chapters and it was so fun to read because the manhwa was nearly completed. I can't explain how good this manhwa is, It's really worth a shot, especially if you enjoy undercover/underestimated types of stories.