Life Senjou no Bokura - Reviews

Alt title: Life: Happiness depends upon ourselves

Life Senjou no Bokura
skycloud28's avatar
Sep 9, 2017

Please if you are reading this then prepare yourself for crying your eyes out.

The story is  amazing and the characters to but don't judge a book by its cover. The story starts of with warming your heart up by two men being faithed by the line that connects them together. They start to talk more with each other and begin to have feelings for one another. As the chapters go on goes their age you begin to see as they slowly die and how life goes without notice.

(It's a great manga but if you don't want to cry like in 2 am then don't read it.)

Sugawarakawaii's avatar
May 26, 2019

I have read hundreds of BL manga and this is the best one till now . Its the first time I cried my eyes out while reading a manga. Story soooooo beautiful I'm in love with this.If possible I'd give this story 10000000000 with full star rating .❤🌈

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Jun 30, 2021

I didn't even realize until the third chapter that this manga consists of a series of time skips. Though in my defense, the first two chapters don't have nearly as many time skips as the last few. The story goes from when Nishi and Itou first meet each other at age seventeen until their deaths much later in life (though there's also an extra chapter that includes some moments pre-seventeen). Early in the story, they both are imaginative and balance on the white line on the side of the road while pretending sharks or spikes would kill them if they fell off the line. I liked how walking on the white line was brought back a couple times as they aged, most often as a way to show that they were reminiscing or still felt connected to back then. The maturing and subtle shifts to their personalities was done well, I think. Nishi's exuberance and playfulness is probably what makes the story interesting. The drama in chapters one and two is of them falling in love with each other and basically figuring out what level of physical intimacy they are comfortable with. The drama in the third and fourth chapters is about the fear of being a gay couple in a world that doesn't fully accept that, and the desire to be "normal." And the drama of the final chapter is related to their deaths--the final drama, if you will.

I found the artwork decent but not great. A lot of the things in the backgrounds could feel simplistic and Nishi's expressive mouth could feel a tad overdone, but I did like the way that pinpoint eyes were used sometimes. I honestly don't think I have much to say about the art. I can't really call it bad or anything. It was okay.

Ponyo18's avatar
Aug 2, 2020

How strange, this one really didn't get me all that emotional. I've become an ice queen. Or I've run out of turns because of the other angst manga I've been reading. I used to be super sensitive but I've read a lot so I've kind of built a resistance to sad storylines. Yet trivial things get me crying, how peculiar.

Story: Ito and Nishi meet each other while playing the "White Line Game" when heading home. They start to meet each other on a daily basis and become accustomed to the other's presence. This manga is about the lives of two young men and their future together.

Personally, I felt that the first two or three chapters were rushed.

Art: Mediocre.

Characters: Ito did anger me, but I couldn't stay mad at him for long. Nishi's childish behavior was refreshing, he's like a ray of sunshine.

Overall3.5/5 stars

7.5/10 story
mcarey393's avatar
Aug 29, 2021

I think is the most i've cried while reading a bl OMG! This story is about two who have known eachother since highschool and the ups and downs of their love story. This such a beautiful and is one of the sweetest manga i've ever read! The ending really got to me SPOLIER WARNING they grew old together and died but then they were reunited in heaven together. This is the defintion of the growing old together everyone wants! this is so sweet you just have to read it :)