Lies Become You - Reviews

Lies Become You
machiabeeli's avatar
May 11, 2022

Man, I'm excited for this manhwa because there are so many fresh new things I don't normally see from the standard fantasy romance work. We've got an ML from the southern lands with a darker skin tone! An FL with a unique line of work and upbringing - an actor disguised as a noble's daughter tasked to infiltrate the upper echelons of society! Non-traditional supporting characters!

The art is beautiful and such a joy to read so far. They've only progressed enough to lay down the groundwork but we've yet to get to any spicy segment in the story or their relationship.

I'll come back by Chapter 20 or so to update this review!

Reviewed at Chapter 12.

RCBusy's avatar
Aug 4, 2022

Honestly I dont see how many people think this is really good, My friend reccomended this to me so I expected so much so that it kinda ruined my experience. None the less I also see why people liked it, but considering it is 27 chapters as of now I have no right to judge it this quickly, but for 27 chapters and below I got really bored most of the chapters, It doesnt quiete hook me enough. Maybe its also because of how slow it is, but 20 plus chapters in a ship without moving to any place or interacting with other people made it so boring. I honestly would rate it lower if it keeps being too slow for its own good. The art though is really good, the art style is generic sure, but the design of their clothes are really fresh in terms of manhwa, I was actually getting bored seeing the same character design from all the genres like this but I appriciate that they didnt took the norm and provided another "race" or another kind of culture than making it european. The characters are very expressive but no one feels original and they feel like they dont have any much complexity, It's also kinda too uneventful for now. Do I reccomend this? yeah kinda, but dont read it right now since there really isnt much going on.

7.5/10 art
beeingemily's avatar
Oct 6, 2023

With such a short story, I have found myself being a particularly moral critic of this story. Very quickly I dislike how the main lover quickly has relations with the main character... even after admitting the trauma and perspective she has on the activity after serving as a mistress. But, am I the manga men's morality police? No, I've enjoyed plenty of stories with piece of shit main lovers. Perhaps I am growing old...

Aureliaaa17's avatar
Mar 12, 2023

I am simp for the art ahhh! And the main characters are a sight for sore eyes! A familiar trope of pretending to be in love with each other (contractual relationship). I am yet to read the chapters further but this is quite interesting!

Just so you know, I'm a simple simp, I see a tanned male lead, I click. Mwehhehe

kumacat's avatar
Jun 5, 2022

LOVE IT! The art is so pretty 😍 the romance seems a bit cliche but the overall plot seems like it will be interesting!

i do wish it was smut just because the art is so pretty but it's still great