Library Wars: Love & War - Reviews

Alt title: Toshokan Sensou: Love & War

Library Wars: Love & War
Curiousmadra's avatar
Dec 29, 2022

**If this review triggers you, please ignore my review**

So basically I found out about this manga through my secret Santa on Animeplanet. At first I really liked the idea with a tall female lead and the short male lead bickering at first in a military setting then later on, we see them warm up obviously. I like my opposite attracts genre stories lemme tell ya.

However I hate the fact that it was just too over the top like I felt both ML and FL’s scenes needed to be more focused than the side characters point of view. I thought having the Tezuka character being the “ third wheeler” was just pointless like the rest side characters were pretty meh. Story as well, wasn't that great like it was all over the place and just unbearable to keep reading.

The art seemed alright like for an old skool romance manga, you wouldn’t expect much but the problem is that the story made it topsy turvy and again, unbearable to read. It’s just a shame I didn’t like this manga series because I was expecting it to be a fun read but it’s just not for me dawg…

outoforder's avatar
Oct 10, 2020

My all-time favorite manga, I can't tell you how many times I've reread this. It's truly a masterpiece.

The way the characters are created and introduced is amazing. Each one has their own personal trials that they go through while still remaining relevant to the original storyline.

The romance in this is top-notch. It never overshadows or downplays the serious tone of the plot and the development is natural and unrushed. Which can be stressful when all you want them to do is get together!! The main characters live and learn through their mistakes. But they don't just learn through their personal mishaps, they also learn through each other's and they help one another but give them enough space to grow on their own.

The war is horrific. It's messy and chaotic and both sides are adamant to a fault in supporting their beliefs. The author gives the opposing side enough leeway to be understandable but doesn't smother the readers with half-assed attempts at making them redeemable.

The art style is amazing as well. I get tired of all these skinny little twigs and their twig arms that can somehow take on all these trained professionals, but this art style isn't like that. The author took care in designing their characters with the bodies they'd need to actually fight and be functioning members of the military. And muscles are really nice to look at.