Koukai no Nai Jinsei wo - Reviews

Koukai no Nai Jinsei wo
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Oct 25, 2021

...the highlighting as it were, is done. The artist Avogado6 is even more extreme with feir highlighting and distinctions between black and white, as can be seen in the oneshot Koukai No Nai Jinsei Wo. All of Avogado6’s oneshots that I’ve read have had dark themes and a near-chibi artstyle. Rounded edges, light and almost sketchy lines, with thick shading and some grays. It only uses three colors: white, black, and gray (with only a single shade of gray...I think). I think the artwork is done digitally. It gives off that sort of impression.

Avogado6’s oneshots are also extremely short, even in comparison to most oneshots. This one is only seven pages long, and that’s including the title page. It doesn’t shy away from the topic of suicide, and, in fact, could even be seen as portraying suicide in a positive manner. I wouldn’t say that it’s glorifying suicide, but perhaps it is rationalizing or justifying it. The shinigami character kinda acts as the comedic straight man, somewhat taken aback by the kid’s reaction to nobody being put out by or mourning feir death. The entire manga is leading up to that one singular joke (though, again, it’s only seven pages long, so saying “the entire manga” is doing anything isn’t actually saying much). I don’t find this manga particularly entertaining. It fails in its attempts to create a hook.

As for character designs, the two characters are both extremely generic. The kid has shaggy blonde hair, drawn with minimal details. Fe’s wearing a button-up, collared shirt and black pants, but I think those were only chosen because they are able to be drawn easily from a distance while still creating the impression of texture. The shinigami is all black, with a protruding cone of a face and two...

Benendo's avatar
Sep 24, 2021

Honestly lovable , a beautiful yet heart breaking meaning, has a clear perspective and the meaning is wise , and nothing but the reality of our world. Avogado6's work always facinates everyone , a manga with a much open straightforward perspective. The feelings of the character were so natural. I loved it.