Koko wa Ima kara Rinri desu. - Reviews

Alt title: From now on we begin ethics.

Koko wa Ima kara Rinri desu.
arnexks's avatar
Aug 25, 2023

From 1st to 12th grade I and every person in my country got to choose between ethics and religion. I like many others mostly chose religion because there was no understanding what ethics was nor did the teachers actually present real ethical philosophy. This manga is a statement of what an ethics lesson should be. Were this manga only about the lessons it would probably not interest me as much. Rather than it being only about dull school lessons it presents ethical problems in a day-to-day light (showing how school children have their own problems they go through that coincides with ethics). Some of these children have experiences that easily hit close to home which makes it the more engaging.

This manga is a one of a kind treat. Shouldn't miss out on it!

9.4/10 overall
sinoerea's avatar
May 26, 2021

After reading the last available chapter (25.5), it made me want to grovel at any passerby and beg them to give this manga a read. Ethics is an extremely complicated subject; one may be capable of memorising and understanding ethical concepts but the question of whether one is able to apply them accordingly or not still remains unanswered. We, as humans, can only lack understanding of ourselves which is why we must continuously pose questions regarding our purpose of existence, true love, the importance of a good life and death as well. The premise of this story succeeds in challenging the readers to do so and when you read this manga, you become a part of the story; you become one of Takayanagi's students taking his ethics class and that may become an invaluable experience in return.

9.6/10 overall