Kitaku Tochuu de Yome to Musume ga Dekita n Dakedo, Dragon Datta. - Reviews

Alt title: On The Way Home, I Got A Bride And Twin Daughters, But They Were Dragons

Kitaku Tochuu de Yome to Musume ga Dekita n Dakedo, Dragon Datta.
SmutEnthusiast's avatar
Jun 28, 2023

Why did it have to be canceled.

9.7/10 story
8.6/10 characters
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 29, 2021

This is a cute little story about a delinquent-looking high school boy who has inadvertently (and without sexual contact) fathered twins from a sheltered dragon girl, and the subsequent journey the two of them go through learning to care for these babies. I liked the inclusion of some genuine parenting struggles (e.g. babies biting people) as well as the inclusion of some fantastical parenting struggles (e.g. babies accidentally floating away). I didn't necessarily care for the inclusion of the love rivalry, but what can you do? That type of thing is everywhere. This manga isn't groundbreaking or amazing or anything like that, but I enjoyed the experience of reading it. It's cute and has some decently lovable characters.

Forewarning: I had to self-translate the last chapter and a half, and you may have to do the same if you want to complete it. Though honestly, it's not like those chapters are necessary or bring the manga to a powerful end or anything. I assume the series was dropped, 'cause the ending feels abrupt.