Kiss Me, Liar - Reviews

ShenYueYe's avatar
Sep 27, 2020

DROPPED.

TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE AND SPOILERS

I can say it's not worth it, at least. It's another rape = love garbage Yaoi. The alpha is a total as*hole treating the main character like sh*t because he's an omega, repeatedly raping him and saying early in the story (chapter 4) that he must go and apologize to the guys that attempted to assault him for escaping the situation. And his attitude dosen't change. He even cheats on the omega once after raping him. The omega has a case of Stockholm Syndrome or something. There's practically no actual story. 2 points for the characters because the MC bit one of his rapist's d*ck in chapter 3 and for quitting his job once he saw what a piece of shit the alpha is (chapter 4). If you want other useful reviews, look up this link: https://imgur.com/a/F0x8Lru

AFL's avatar
Jul 11, 2021

Toxic ML alert 📢 the only good thing about this manhwa is just the art. Story is hella annoying and MC is just wow... how can you be so stupid really?! Getting raped not once but twice?! And still saying u r in love? On the other hand ML is just unbelievable! Shameless trash. Im sorry if you liked this series but this is not my cup of tea.

LaylaLux's avatar
Jun 24, 2021

Idk what to say other than yes while I did like the ending most of the times this gave me a headache there were some things I did like indeed but it was chaotic moat times things went too fast some things were totally overlooked or some characters are completely forgotten and the reason why they were there.

Maybe the novel it's better since adapting a manhwa from a novel is hard I'm pretty sure so if someone will ever finfish translating the novel and I can read I may change my opinion but until then this wasn't the most enjoyable thing I read.

One thing I liked is Yeon Woo character development from a week squirrel to a sassy fox.

4.5/10 overall
Ube's avatar
Nov 5, 2021

I think it was good. Idk Y there's a lot of bad reviews about this when I remember there were more worse characters in other BL manhwas. I think the manhwa would've been better if they properly showed some of the seme's pov and if they didn't rush the end part more. He is def a jerk in the early chaps but if u continue reading then u can see that he was beginning to change little by little. I personally love how the seme doesn't really understand his own feeling and then the uke gets hurt by that. Its kinda my thing to be hurt by those lol. Anyways, the story is good and it def would've been better if they didn't rush the ending at all and showed more of the seme's side. I think it's a good read for if u want some manhwa with short chapters. But if u can't handle abuse, attempted rape and stuff like that then u don't have to read it.

doobie123's avatar
Feb 4, 2021

Honestly it's a rollercoaster of emotions 🥺 You don't know what you think you know and it's hard to predict where the story leads. Its very different from allot of Omegaverse manga/manhua in that the main  character (omega) is more outspoken and sets boundaries. Honestly just read and you'll love it. maybe it's not for everyone but if you like omegaverse manga this is a good change of plot. Also the art is so good.

you'll develop a love-hate relationship with almost every character.