King's Maker - Reviews

King's Maker
Pybs's avatar
Jul 7, 2019

I never thought BL series could have such a well-developed story until I found out about King's Maker.

A manga like this is not something you see every day. When choosing a comic to read we usually go for something that looks appealing to the eyes, and that is exactly what King's Maker is in every single panel. Not only it has an appealing art, but it also does an amazing job of capturing the characters' emotions and making us feel the need to know more about them. Needless to say, I was already hooked on the story in just a few chapters.

The plot is fascinating. It is not super elaborated nor has any big plot twists, but it doesn't fail to be entertaining. The romance also flows very naturally and doesn't force any relationships, which is rather rare in a comic of this genre.

However, the biggest highlight of this manga is, without a doubt, it's characters. The villain is great and serves well his purposes. He is not someone we sympathize with and I am glad the author didn't try to give us some dumb backstory to justify his actions. On the other hand, the main protagonist is someone that grows a lot through the story. He is already likable at the start but becomes even more as the story goes.

To conclude, I believe you should give King's Maker a shot, even if you are not a big fan of BL. It is a fun read and has a nice ending, so I doubt you are going to regret doing so.

If you want to know where to read this comic look at the answers of this review.

9.5/10 story
9.5/10 characters
9.7/10 overall
ItsHexis's avatar
Jan 7, 2020

I honestly was a little surprised going into this series because when I initially picked it up I was not aware of all that gay I was about to read about. I'm going to rate it highly for the art and characters, but personally I think this is unreadable if you are uncomfortable reading about a gay king with kids that he does "stuff" with.

Thebirbhunter125's avatar
Dec 13, 2018

story- this manga is one of my favorites in the no genre. The story is great, and is hard to put down after you begin reading. The plot is a main focus and doesn’t feel like an after thought to the BL.

Art- the art is nice but nothing super memorable. Although, the difference in how all the characters looked was great.

characters- this is what sticks outs the most to me from kings maker.  The villain of this story comes to my head when I think of a great villain.

Overall- Even if your not a huge BL fan I would give King’s maker a try.