Killing Stalking - Reviews

Killing Stalking
Yakoz's avatar
Mar 19, 2017

Bum, whose name fits perfectly for many reasons, is obsessed with Sangwoo, a charismatic and attractive guy. His desire is so strong that Bum decides to stalk Sangwoo to find out where he lives. His curiosity pushes him to infiltrate his house and discovers that... oh you don't want to know. GO READ IT!

Plus/minus considerations:

• STORY: I'm not a BL lover, I usually read them if they're really high in A-P's charts or I feel like removing them from my w2r list. But this one is special. This is the first BL manhwa I read that really balances well story and fanservice. Everything you see BL related is part of the plot and it's necessary to go deep with what both main characters think and feel. A story that is not only intriguing for how it is narrated, but also it's plausible because unfortunately kidnappers, stalkers and murderers are not only part of TV series like NCIS or CSI. Everything you see can happen in real life and it's not pleasant. This is not just a dramatic shounen-ai: this is a psychological thriller that can impressionate readers for its levels of violence, atypical in your everyday's BL. I believe this is the biggest reason why Killing Stalking is so accessible to everybody: not only it's fun for the usual girls waiting for the next ding dong to hit the next bum (pun intended), but even a different public that can recognize the quality behind a horrorific and thrilling scenario such as this one. (+++)
  • ART: nothing to say. You recognize the talent, the originality and the dedication behind this work. The expressions are top quality, backgrounds are well drawn and I like a lot the taste of the artist in picking hot/dark colors. (+++)
  • CHARACTERS: chapter after chapter you realize not only how strong the bond between Sangwoo and Bum becomes, but how really fucked up those two characters are. Maybe at first you feel bad for Bum because it physically hurts and the situation is scary.. but do you really feel bad? Do you really think he doesn't want what he's getting? I'll leave the answer to you. I'm even impressed this is coming out of my mouth, but I'll say that those two are the perfect duo, the perfect couple. What happens in that apartment is a secret between the two and whatever tries to hurt Sangwoo's or Bum's pride is not going to last for more than 24h. (+++)

I believe this is Lezhin's masterpiece up to date. They really stepped their game up with this one and it can only be good in the long run, not only for the web magazine itself, but for us readers. This review is valid for the first season (19 chapters) of Killing Stalking. Overall I think this project is really impressive and I hope next season won't ruin everything that has been built up until now.

Nozomi98's avatar
Jan 9, 2017

Goodness, where do I start? First of all, this is a highly intense manhwa. For literally every reason. Intense abuse, nudity, violence, language, torture, etc. BUT the characters and story are really well thought out and so fascinating. It's insane how scary and suspenseful the author paces this story. Every chapter gives me so much anxiety because of how unstable the characters are. You really never know who's gonna be alive or dead in the next panel.

Secondly, the relationship between Sangwoo and YoonBum is tragic, abusive, torturous...just really messed up. It's difficult to see Sangwoo torturing and beating up Yoonbum and then hugging and kissing him. It messes with your mind. You know you're not supposed to ship them, but the extreme contrast between the abuse and the affection makes you want some kind of happiness to happen....It's a horrible, horrible struggle.

Thirdly, both Sangwoo and Yoonbum have different mental disorders. Of course, Sangwoo has the most dangerous (Borderline Personality, Anti-social Personality) disorders.... Yoonbum has his own personality disorders (stalking and obsessing...later seemingly developing Stockholm Syndrome). Again, you just want happiness for Yoonbum and a prison-cell for Sangwoo... but the more chapters you read, the more attached you get to the characters. WHICH SUCKS.

Fourthly and finally, the art and color is amazing. Which is what I suppose makes it even more intense and graphic, but nonetheless incredible. The character designs too are attractive. I mean, Sangwoo....he's so attractive, the devil... especially when he wears glasses and an apron... SHIZZZ I mean remember the context, remember the context, remember the context (ಥ_ಥ) Yoonbum is adorable. You just want to give him happiness and love. Which is non-existant in this Manhwa. Anyway, hope this review helped give another perspective on Killing Stalking. Just.... keep the lights on when you read it (T▽T)

*Editing Note: Koogi, the creator of this Manhwa (Korean Manga), in a recent interview said that Yoonbum does have Borderline Personality Disorder, which surprised me. Majoring in abnormal psychology, I found Yoonbum really only protrayed 3-4 out of the 9 character traits of BPD, which isn't quite enough for him to be diagnosed with BPD. However, Sangwoo, who posseses 5-6 out of the 9, to me, fits BPD better... Just throwing my two cents out...If you want to read more on this, check out what the DSM V says about Borderline Personality Disorder (the diagnostic criteria especially)

cschuma's avatar
Jan 8, 2017

This is not a romance. There is no compasion, they are not in love, this is a story about torture. Don't romanticize it.

That being said: it's really good! It's actually got me scared for the main character and I really wonder where the story will go. Sangwoo is absolutly terrifying and his posessive nature is twisted, but he's really good at manipulating Yoon. There's no telling what will happen next but I'm hoping for some justice.

The story does a good job of not a romanticizing the kidnapping. There's the typical things that captors do to create a sense of dependancy in their victims, but it's clear he's psychotic. Both main characters are really well explored, I think. And the suspence is really well done as well. There is some R rated stuff sexually and gore wise, but definately worth the read if you can handle that.

Shadowdark10's avatar
May 23, 2022

Killing stalking is a terrible manhwa, I have no idea why it's so famous when it's just rubbish. It turns out that people like to read trash and praise it for high quality work when in reality they are not

History: absolutely terrible, the beginning is not bad, but afterwards you don't know where you want to go, frankly it was just a waste of time because once it's finished, you easily forget everything that happened. It really is badly written history.

Characters: I don't know how to judge them, but I can say that the author did not do a good job in representing their madness and their characterization.
Bum Yoon: very flat character who does nothing throughout the story. Really bad.
Sangwoo Oh: his past is interesting, he is a psychopath who enjoys torturing people, as a disturbed character he is good but certainly he too gets lost as the story continues

Art: mediocre, nothing special

Conclusion: I do not recommend it, honestly do not waste time with this shitty manhwa, it offers nothing and does not even know how to offer sensible food for thought since very often this manhwa contradicts itself. I have no idea why it is so popular, but it certainly is very overrated as an opera

homoalexual's avatar
Aug 25, 2019

To start this off, I would like to say this is NOT a romance comic. I do not believe anything about this is romantic, it's literally mental and physical torture.

But I am extremely passionate about this comic. The development of the characters was so in-depth, you could see them changing practically every chapter. It was very detailed in personalities and backstories. I fell in love with each character because they each had their own charming features, even dickwad Sangwoo, lol. Ithink this comic sheds some light on how fucked up things can be in relationships, as this is an extremely unhealthy one. I believe the creator did a very very very good job of showing all different forms of abuse and how they can affect someone. The art is extremely detailed and well done, I can't imagine how much time it took. The color, lineart, and everything is perfect. This comic is so well done, if you want an extremely detailed story that's different from most, I recommend this comic heavily. It's my personal favorite.

Thank you for this lovely comic , creator ❤️