Keeper of the Pearl - Reviews

Alt title: Guseul-eul Gajida

Keeper of the Pearl
Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 21, 2020

I was confused when I saw this in my 'dropped' list because I had no recollection of it. So I checked it out and now I understand. I think this manga lacks the ability to captivate the reader. It's doesn't make me want to click the next chapter or leave me in suspense. It's just 'meh.' The whole reincarnation concept was nice for a BL omegaverse but I understand why it's rated a 3.8

I thought I found a diamond when instead I found a rock.

RememberUS's avatar
Nov 17, 2020

NO SPOILERS - My first impression was really good. I really liked the part where the two main characters got to know each other. But over time, I got more and more disappointed. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but the story didn't make sense to me sometimes... Often ambiguities began to appear, and the plot was sometimes too complicated. I understand that the author wrote the story the way he felt, but... I'm very disappointed.

I didn't like the way the manga was drawn. The characters' names, on the other hand, were beautiful and well thought out. I would appreciate originality and imagination, but that's all. No more, no less. Read "Spiritpact", that's way better

3.4/10 overall
KSyl's avatar
Jan 22, 2021

I don't understand why people gave bad reviews for this..

At the start, the story really made me hope this is good.. but when it reached the middle.. it's kinda meh :/ but since i don't have anything else to do, i still read this till the end. For me, even tho i agree that this manhwa lack something to captivate the readers, i still love the chemistry in this manhwa. Yea, the plot is kinda overbearing sometimes, and i especially don't like the plot abt jaemoon's cousin or smth :/ (it seemed too imposed..)

But, when it's near the ending, i was glad that i continued to read this manhwa. The fluff is just.. >,<!! Even tho there's some angst moments that i like, i still like the fluff more heheh. And still, some plot doesn't make sense, so here's a tip for you :

If you want to read this manhwa, don't rlly think too hard abt the plot. Just enjoy it ^^ especially the relationship between the main cp 😍

Should you read this? Recommended for :

People who's searching for fluff, omegaverse, kids in yaoi, historical, drama :)

8.5/10 story
6.5/10 art
Jusia123432's avatar
Jan 12, 2021

Personally i believe the story was great, for myself there was enough drama and romance. There where times where i got slightly confused but it wasnt and important part of the main plot so i dont think it mattered. In general the story was cute and very enjoyable. ---- definetly reccomend it if you're looking for a cute bl to read with a little bit of spice ;)

notlucinda's avatar
Nov 24, 2020

(won't list any spoilers dw)

I had high hopes for this BL. I really did. It seemed to be really good in the first 5 chapters, and i was enjoying it until a bunch of cliché shit happened.

Not to mention, the dialogue was often really cheesy? I just didn't like how a lot of it was written out. (However, this could just be because I read a bad translation or something.)

The part of the story that explained Jae Moon and Ji Yeon's past life together may have been the only interesting part of the plot. From the first chapter, I was really interested (I'm a sucker for angsty fantasy BL lol), and then the rest of the story was just overall boring. It was just two guys who worked together as coworkers. If they focused more on the ancient Korea side of the story, I'd consider giving this BL at least a 7/10.

I also feel like it didn't end like how it should've? You'd think that something would happen after that final chapter, but it just sort of... ended. Way too disappointing.