Kasutoro Shiki - Reviews

Kasutoro Shiki
Thrawn's avatar
Aug 24, 2012

It took me a minute to type the summary of this review:

The fuck?

You see it in the title: Abstract. This is some real- man, I can't even begin to explain it to you. You probably wouldn't get it. "2D panels translating into anal bleeding 3D", you say? "What else is there?" your peeble, feeble mind asks. God, it's so much more than that. This is a work of art that is so fucking insane and represents the juxtaposition of- that it's just-  factory of fucks, you wouldn't even appreciate it or understand it even if I tried to explain it.

Quite simply, if Lord of the Ring is his magnum opus of ass fuckery, this is his righteous achievment of brain tumor confoundery. It's widely inaccessable to the masses and offers a great amount of deep insight in various complex, philosophical and social subjects. Get pretentous if you decide to read it.

*Enjoyment may vary depending on how much of a snob you are.

** You can't even begin to comprehend the rating.

MVortex's avatar
Jun 18, 2011

Firstly, this is  a Shintaro Kago manga, so expect the disturbing and down-right weird.

I really liked the concept of blocks of frame which I'm guessing the the central concept of this manga.

The Art style was identical to his other works, so therefore very vivid and detailed but also disgusting and gory. As the manga revolves around the blocks rather than characters there is practically no proper story or characters, but it appears that a woman wants to kill her boyfriend because they ran out of toilet paper so she used cardboard instead...

Long story short, if you like Kago manga you'll like this, otherwis avoid it :)

angelsreviews's avatar
Jul 29, 2013

Um…. What the fuck did I just look at? The whole thing was confusing as hell to me. It started out normal with two characters that liked each other but then something went crazy and it made me feel like I was on drugs. After a while, it was way to hard to even read and got extremely horrific looking with blood, smut and so on.

The artwork was the most confusing to me and it didn’t seem to have any reason to look like that. If anyone has seen the Farscape comics, it was like that with more blood and guts in it. I would say don’t read it unless you want a really strange feeling after it.

LaceyHeart05's avatar
Jan 5, 2013

Umm...Where do I even begin? Odd 2-D pannels that become more 3-D and just a really weird "story line" (if you can even call it that). It was just crazy weird and pretty pointless.

The creator has a...unique...mind, indeed...Or just took too many hits of acid (please don't flag me or anything for that). O__o

My face as I'm reading: EHH? <__< o_0
My face after I finished reading: WTF! O__0 x__x

If you like the bizarre side of manga - this is for you. If not, then you should probably not go past the first couple pages - or don't read it at all.

(And some of my friends said Junji Ito's stuff is strange...Not compared to this)