Juujika no Rokunin - Reviews

Juujika no Rokunin
RiamuRamu's avatar
Jan 26, 2021

This manga is actually messed up. But as they say "sweet revenge". Even while the main antagonist are being tortured. You can't help but think "Served you right" and laugh. The main protagonist is extremely well developed considering the lack of chapters and has experienced extreme trauma. Not to mention the fights are actually really cool. There are a couple things that I don't like. Give the gramps a proper backstory. His character has a good amount of plot holes all in of itself and stuff about him really needs to be clarified. Second, why the hell does the love interest always manage to get involved with him. I don't really like "fate" but I guess they could use "fates" as an excuse as to why she always gets into his problems. I also don't really like [email protected] aspects though, which the manga has a lot of. But not considering my opinion and looking objectively, this is what someone would call a masterpiece of a manga. Overall great manga hope it gets an anime.

9.5/10 characters
9.8/10 overall
moochz's avatar
Apr 18, 2021

First of all, there's graphic torture and rape scenes, so if you you’re not up for that, don’t read the manga. If you like the revenge story trope, this one brings it to the extremes.

I love a good revenge story, especially one where the protagonist isn't afraid to get his hands really dirty- and this manga definitely delivers on that front- but I can't help but be very uncomfortable with how this manga treats women.

The author surrounds the protagonist with girls who are interested in him, then uses them as a plot device to make him angrier by having them raped. It’s like every bad guy is an insane sexual deviant and the women are just subjected to this.

I wish the girls in the manga would have an active part rather than helpless victims or helpless love interests that are forced into the plotline.

lazzzz's avatar
Jan 27, 2021

This review was made early on in the manga (Only 19 Chapters) but i think enough has been showed for me to give my critique, may change later if i decide to pick it back up. (this is my first written review hopefully its not written to poorly)

Firstly the story, a kid is bullied (more so tortured) by a group of kids daily in the attempts to push him to suicide, this leads to them killing his parents and putting his brother in a vegative state and this begins the start of his story for revenge, orphaned, the kid moves in with the granpa his parents warned him about, Turns out the granpa is learned in the ways of torture and killing being from a special unit in japan back in wartime The manga then time skips to him in highschool after learning from his granpa in those 4 years, he begins his revenge by seeking out the people from the group that tortured him and killed his family.

The writing drops heavily after Ch 9 all before that was fine and interesting, the story feels like it has plot holes, it skips out on giving info, and throws things together randomly leaving  them up to just be a big coincidence, aswell as the character Azuma almost getting raped in every part of the story shes brought into, it seems shes just a tool to push the plot almost getting raped multiple times so that the mc can be brought into the picture and now the writers are forcing a relationship out of no where with her and the mc.

For the plot hole, when the mc manages to take out Yuuga's bodyguards, set the building on fire and capture him how the hell did he make it out that building with a whole person and get to his home without a singleperson noticing. The show also randomly pushes Azuma into the story again by saying her friend needed help with a part time job, which just so happened to be a sex trafficing spot that Yuuga controls, RIGHT after the mc decides to start investigating him and get his revenge, which allowed him to conveniently see her picture so that he could order time with her to avoid her being bought and raped by someone else, but she still ends up almost getting raped but JUST WAIT the mc shows up and saves the day because the rapist conveniently mumbled her name right when passing by the mc on the street, such lucky timing lol.

Honestly I enjoyed this manga and was eager to read more till ch 9, but it instantly dropped in quality, hopefully it picks back up later on.

TheAnimeTrain's avatar
Apr 14, 2021

warning not for the faint of heart. lemme just give u an example, rape, sexual assult, murder, tragidy. this manga is fucked up one of the most fucked up ive ever read. PAIN and i say again PAIN, this manga hurt to read yet it was so satisfying to read. remember this manga is not for the faint of heart.

Dunkey2's avatar
Nov 4, 2021

Juujika no Rokunin is easily the darkest story I have ever experienced. It goes beyond "edgy" and dives headfirst into the realm of "truly fucked up", chapter after chapter.

Unfortunately, the story is yet payoff the unrelenting edginess. So far the story has no takeaway, no message, practically no character development for the protagonist...and so, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that all this darkness is just there for shock value. It's really not meaningful in any way.

In terms of good points, the art is expressive and dynamic, and the villains are so irideemably evil that you'll start to share in the protagonists' hatred.

Reading this story is like watching a burning car crash - meaning, once you latch onto it, it's hard to look away. But that doesn't mean that the series is anything special. Overall, 7/10. Engaging, but not much else.