Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. - Reviews

Alt title: I Sold Off My Lifespan, For 10,000 Yen a Year.

Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de.
Neshen's avatar
May 15, 2018

It's Just too beautiful. The story takes you on a rollercoaster of feelings like few mangas can, the characters are so polished and developed through the entire journey and it never feels rushed nor stalled in any point.

Speaking of characters, they are made in such a way that you can really tell what's on their mind, so you can really get what's going on and feel the same way they feel.

The story is simple made and every aspect has meaning, not a single page can go by and feel like nothing has happened. And by the end you'll tell yourself "So that's what it meant", it's a very beautiful and essential thing that i really treasure in tales like these.

The Art is delicate for the most part and rough in the essential scenes, making them shine the most, i loved every aspect about that.

Made right home in the feels. Loved and read in a single session, i couldn't stop reading.

Now i feel a little sad and a bit happy too, The ending is particularly cute and made my day.

Absolutely made in my top 3 manga of all time.

closetneet's avatar
Oct 22, 2020

A good story can last a lifetime. While "Three Days of Happiness"'s story nor its philosophies and concepts are unique, it's execution of a very basic premise is what drives the nail in the coffin. The art helped bring more atmosphere to melancholy mood rather than being beautiful and taking away from it. Though, the art itself was objectively beautiful. The characters were, in all intents and purposes, very human. They imbodied the fears of a lot of those going about life, and they also harbored many of the regrets and characteristics of those who live. They were extremely relatable, and for as somber as the story was, they were extremely fun to read about. The story itself is written very well, to say the least. The characters would not have been as impactful nor as relatable if it weren't for the story. The plot itself isn't all too unpredictable, but the story is good in setting itself in ways that let the characters shine and for the readers to project themselves onto the protagonists. "Three Days of Happiness" is a book you get when an author can execute compelling philisophical concepts, create relatable characters. and a very beautiful story with scenery to back it up. It's the full package.

TazzyTheTiger's avatar
Jan 1, 2021

I hate reading mangas that don't have any fantasy/supernatural elements to them, but this one is different. I read shonen, and fantasy manga as a means to escape from the world we live in, but this manga hit me with the cold hard truth, but in a beautiful way. I've never been so happy yet so sad in my life. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life, and I had no motivation to do anything, but this manga made me want to find out what I want to be, and why I was put in this world. 10/10.

Killerman08's avatar
Nov 22, 2020

This manga is just beautiful. Period. it's an absolute masterpiece that will really move your heart. Would love to make it into a movie, it would be very famous.