Jujutsu Kaisen 0 - Reviews

Alt title: Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Toritsu Jujutsu Koutou Senmon Gakkou

Jujutsu Kaisen 0
elricsyao's avatar
May 19, 2022

This volume was great! I absolutely loved Yuuta! I can't wait to see more of him

doux's avatar
Mar 26, 2022

shot for the shot the JJK 0 movie :o very cool! i like yuta and rika-chan :)

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Nov 4, 2021

An entertaining story with a scary but almost sympathetic antagonist and solid worldbuilding and characterizations. The first two chapters are basically world-building and include two exercises in exorcising. In the first chapter, Yuta Okkotsu helps Meki out and, in the second chapter, fe helps Toge out. We got to see a variety of "curses," which manifest as demonic beings only visible while a magical curtain is dropped over an area, and we also got to see that there are different ways of interacting with curses (Maki uses a weapon and Toge uses power words). The last two chapters are about the climactic battle against the antagonist, Suguru Geto. I think the actual final battle itself could've been much more engaging, but I liked Geto as a character. Think a Magneto-type perspective on things. I also liked the whole Rika curse situation and how that played out.

I haven't read the main series, so I have no idea how much of this story and world transferred over into that series, but I think the world's got some decent enough potential to allow for a longer storyline and I wouldn't mind seeing some of these characters again. This story is self-contained and has a resolution on its own, though.

fangxiety's avatar
Sep 3, 2021

this is good. okkotsu yuta was cool.

PedroAsuna13's avatar
Mar 28, 2021

Jujutsu no kaisen 0 (spin-off) is really a striking and well-structured manga. Certainly when I was reading, I felt the classic feeling of the characters' habituation and the story. Even if all the progress of Jujutsu Kaisen 0 progresses in an extremely fast manner, the manga has its strong and striking points.

History

The story is very good, but I feel that a little bit of lore was missing at the beginning (I'm playing the story of this manga, not the first kaisen jujutsu 1.), because the plot doesn't explain much, it just throws you in a room full of sacred roles, with two protagonists;

A handsome guy (classic shounen);

And a depressive, who doesn't even know why he's there.

This is in no way a problem, as we are talking about an anime about demons and curses. It is normal to have a rhythm and a narrative like this, but the focus of jujutsu in kaisen is not the story, but the characters that are well written and captivating. But we must not forget the cliché at the end, "My biggest enemy was always my friend, so I will talk to him freely and safely." I expected a little more from this ending, I didn't think the antagonist would become the protagonist's "best friend" so quickly (regardless of whether or not he was). Not all works are saved in the sea of ​​cichês.

Characters.

The characters ... Simply the best occasion and part of this manga. They are funny, memorable and captivating. Satoru Gojo is the best joke, in the manga (which I'm currently reading, which would be this one) it's great. His way of doing things and dealing is very funny (even though in the end he shows a little serious and somber)

I honestly sometimes wonder, if Gojo really has a decent TimeLime, it would be one of the most important ones, it should be one of the most important ones to be portrayed.

Conclusion

It's a good manga to read, fast, good story. I really recommend this Jujutsu no Kaisen spin-off narrative. If you are bored, you can choose this manga, which will not let you down!

8.9/10 story