JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World - Reviews

Alt title: JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni Natta

JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World
v1ad's avatar
Dec 13, 2020

This is not what you are thinking it is. It is truly a good story the main character is interesting and following her story is actually way more different that you can think it would be. Obviously you can get aroused but this is clearly not the aim of the author.

dingdong69's avatar
Nov 22, 2021

The focus here isn't the sex but the struggles living as a sex worker in a world that treats women worse than our own. Here's our heroine, Haru, who got trucked away into a fantasy world with the Otaku Chiba. The lucky guy received a ton of cheat powers while our unlucky girl gets nothing of the sort, so in order to survive she becomes a sex worker. It's really interesting to see how she uses her wits and abilities to navigate this new world.

Haru has already worked as an escort in her middle school years so she had some experience. She gets hired and tries to climb the social ladder inside the bar, of course we get to see the action inside the room, all the good and bad stuff. What it sells this to me is the MC's snarkiness and dark humour.

Also somehow there is a shit ton of incels whining how Haru shouldn't be complaining since she was the one who chose this line of work, did you think she had a choice? She already considered becoming an adventurer but this society doesn't accept women doing anything other than doing housework and bearing children. Wife, prostitute or a slave, those were the only options she could choose. Altleast being a prostitute earns her some money and a moderate amount of freedom. Blaming her instead of that world that doesn't accepts her, is weird but alright.