Isekai no Sata wa Shachiku Shidai - Reviews

Alt title: The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter

Isekai no Sata wa Shachiku Shidai
machiabeeli's avatar
Mar 14, 2022

Do you hear that? Do you hear the sound of the isekai gods finally blessing us with a BL Isekai story with decent characters, interesting plot, and a unique world?

If you wanted something new in the BL Isekai genre, this is it!

I enjoyed this one so much. The art style is clean and immaculately drawn, the mangaka clearly has experience with storyboarding and drawing humans. You could see how well they draw proportions, characters, and backgrounds and it definitely helps with highlighting the story they've created.

The MC is an accountant and an office slave to boot. Not your stereotypical main character in isekai stories which are usually comprised of highschool students, NEETs, female maidens with holy powers, or sometimes an office worker who's going home from work. Our MC lives to work. Our MC finds no purpose in their life other than working. Some people find it shameful but for the MC here, if he does not create work then he only suffers. His passion and skill set is mostly in financial related items and when he gets isekai-d, he decides to work for the accounting department in the new world.

For me, that was already interesting by itself. They don't skimp on the accounting part either as just a "quirky" part of his personality; they actually show the MC working and he makes waves in the world. He uncovers financial inconsistencies, explains how in the world do isekai manhwas somehow funds the recently summoned characters, and makes plans for the next financial year. Mwah. The actual hero of the manga.

In terms of romance, I really really love that the ML respects MC's decisions. He doesn't forcibly (without any flimsy reason) push for a romance or falls in love with him as if it was a given. But their romance slowly blossoms through continuous interaction with each other, both of them mutually curious about the other person. Yes!! Show us that love!!

I'm looking forward to reading more from this author and to exploring the world in more detail. Currently, we only have 13 chapters but if this proceeds, I have high hopes for the quality of the work.

Reviewed at Chapter 13.

leowasherebefore's avatar
Jan 11, 2022

A masterpiece from the art style to the story this is beautiful!!!! Idk why but I was crying while reading this story because of how wonderful I felt the art style was! I'm waiting for new updates!!! I love the characters and just how new and refreshing this story is! I cannot express in words just how much I love this story!

Curiousmadra's avatar
May 25, 2021

From what I can count, this is my 3rd Yaoi isekai to read but this time, there’s very little tropes (besides the dumb “saint” girl who went with the uke) and our uke Kondou here is pretty much mature. Basically the uke is a “corporate slave” who unexpectedly (without the help of truck-kun or getting killed) transports to a different world. He works in the accounting department in that different world and there he meets the handsome seme of all, the knight captain Aresh-san. It’s obviously adorable that Aresh is always concerned with Kondou cause Kondou works very hard and is dependent on magic supplements to him going ( Aresh doesn’t let him).

If you are sick of the other overly Yaoi sex crazed isekai, look no further with this one, read it!

7.9/10 overall
LoryKely's avatar
Jul 1, 2021

I love this one so much! It's not your typical isekai romance story and tha fact that is BL it's not what makes it different. I love the main character! He is rational, smart, has a good work ethic and he's not afraid to fight anyone who stands between him and his work. I am so done with the usual teenage girls in this type of isekai stories.

All I can say this manga is definitely worth reading! It's unique, you actually like the characters, the world is well build and the fact that this is also BL is the best! 10/10!