Innocents Shounen Juujigun - Reviews

Innocents Shounen Juujigun
StitchKitteh's avatar
Jan 23, 2016

This is a very very interesting and cool as hell manga. I really enjoyed it alot and im even considering buying it, which would be useless for me because it has not been english licensed, and i can't read japanese, so you can see that it is just that good. The thing is though, it is not well known because it is quite old and is very hard to read because it was never even fully translated into english, by any scantilation group either. So even I have not been able to finish it, believe me, i've tryed to find it. There's three volumes, but only the first is available to read in english. But don't let that stop you, escpecially if you are a fan of the author's other works, this one is one of my favorites.

synopsis- This manga's name translates to The Children's Cruisade. Guess what, thats what it's about. Basically, theres this kid who was "chosen" by god to lead a cruisade of other kids to help retake the holy land. This seems like a very stupid idea, i mean, they're like 11 what are they gonna do. But he rounds up a group of 12 deciples and leads them to what is probably their doom. The characters are very cute and i really like them, and of course the art is to die for. And uh, thats about it -read it-. (also is is like 2am why am i writing manga reveiws for a manga thats like a million years old and only two people on the planet have read)

hagino's avatar
Jun 4, 2017

I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this manga. It's VERY intense.

I hate it, I love it - it's just different. I was all churned up inside but still couldn't stop reading and that rarely happens.

I can't even write a review properly. There are a few historical inaccuracies - so everyone who reads the manga should make background researches themselves, but the mangaka mostly did a very good job on researching.

Hoshikochan's avatar
Mar 22, 2019

As expected from Usamaru Furuya, this one also had a great story, great plot. Loved it! But it was for sure intense, you wouldn't know if somethings going to happen until...

It has beautiful but at the same time horryifying story. Not so expected things happen, which made it even intresting. The characters are the treasure of this ,manga. The story goes on as the characters develop. This manga takes place in the year 1212 in Northern France, and you get to learn how the society was at that time, where people thought sugar was a medicine.

The characters gave me a stong impression. Every characters are unique in their own way, and I loved how the charcters evolve throughout the story.