Inner Beauty - Reviews

Inner Beauty
sassan11's avatar
Mar 27, 2021

tbh this was kinda boring. I had big expectations for this because of the high rating but nahhhh i just didn't feel the spark.

For reincarnation bl, I liked Hosik's Story and Keeper of the Pearl more. In both manhwas, the uke also died in the past but their past lives were well written. In Inner Beauty, their past lives played a big role for the current attraction or feelings of the characters so I wished it was also portrayed nicely.

upsidepenguin's avatar
Dec 5, 2021

Premise sounded interesting but characters were not written well. ML is an asshole with a sad background and MC is a pushover.

The soulmate thing sounded interesting, but it read like a plot device to make up for the instantaneous attraction MC felt for ML. I could understand if it was attraction, but they called it "liking". How could you like a person if you've never talked to each other? The instant liking thing felt way too convenient to enjoy. And the relationship development after that didn't convince me to root for their relationship either.

Spoilers on ML's behaviour:

Background: Father never wanted ML and father dated around with many people. ML wants to take revenge: get famous and also announce to the world that he never wanted his father.

Action: Knowingly cheats with ML's ex-girlfriend while knowing she was already with MC. Half-assedly apologises for that. Then he sexually harasses MC in chapter 18 when MC says "Leave". ML is an asshole throughout story and says "pls forgive mehh" and MC forgives him just like that.

Onto MC:

He's written, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to be way too nice. I don't like to read stories where the main character is taken advantage of and that's instead portrayed as some kind of comedic, cutesy wolf-bunny relationship.

Drama was also irritating to read as I feel like it was drama just for the sake of drama. I like conflict, but only when it actually has some *substance*. I don't exactly know how to describe, but it's just not my type of drama. The drama felt cooked up and the antagonists were annoying. The psychological bitchslapping was mildy satisfying to read though.

I was really looking forward to an interesting body switch story, but both leading characters were too irritating for me to read on.

Dropped at Chapter 28. Couldn't continue onto Season 2 as I smelled a third person written as a love rival to ML

KuroRose01's avatar
Apr 6, 2020

This will probably be one of my only reviews. Overall I found this manhwa to be cute! And definitely worth the read, I think character development wise it was okay but I could clearly see that the artists focus was the couple and their love. I think what really pushed this over the edge for me was the beautiful story and one specific scene towards the end which made me re-evaluate my view on love and that's what really gets me to love a manga/webtoon/manhwa etc is when I go away with a lesson or a change in perspective just something that leaves me thinking about it and this story definitely did that!

Kavi2z3's avatar
Jun 15, 2020

Wow such a great masterpiece truely  its felt like a fairytale oh god! How beautiful and pure it was i feel like crying!! Like i can't hold back my tears coz its so great and it wwormed my heart to infinite 👌😭 such a great love story the story plot is the main thing that made this a masterpiece and the last chapter made it even better that it what made me heart throb!! Ugh! I just loved it! The art style is freaking good! So gorgeous and in the beginning the two of them reminded me yuri and victor mainly because they kinda look similar even tho it made me attached to this more! The second part of the story what made it truely beautiful coz in the first part its all about how they finaly talk out their feelings for each other get together...the second half  was what gave the depth to their relationship that past life story just pierced my heart! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 its freaking sad but thats what made the final ending much more emotional and beautiful...the character development is beautiful too and how they find pease through their love for each other is so pure and beautiful... i wish there were more intimate moments 🙊 but even tho its realy a masterpiece a hidden jem! I realy recommend you to read this you can feel how beautiful their love actually is 😭😭👌

MoonStar600's avatar
Jul 9, 2022

I very enjoy this story I would like to see how the story continues if it has a season 2