Infatuation Unwanted - Reviews

Alt title: Extra-neun Gwadohan Jipchageul Sajeolhamnida

Infatuation Unwanted
Manthika's avatar
May 8, 2021

AP title: "The Extras Refuse Obsession" implies that the 'extras' refuse to obsess over someone... idk korean but I believe the title should be "The Extra Refuses Obsession" because this manhwa is about a FL isekai'd as a self-proclaimed 'extra commoner' (despite that not being true at all in any sense of the title) and, as follows the pattern of cliche: everyone is obsessed with her.  Both canon male leads and even the canon heroine.

There's. uh... nothing original here.  But that doesn't make it terrible.  It's a bit rushed and awkward in places but if you like the 'isekai otome' formula and don't mind a rehash, you'll probably enjoy it. The comedy value is nice.  Everybody's hot.  It's a good time imo.

machiabeeli's avatar
Sep 19, 2021

This manhwa could be considered an adolescent in the otome isekai genre. The elements are there but it's awkward and confusing at times, despite being well-intentioned.

The female lead has two overly doting siblings who are powerful in their world, making her life a little easier and more convenient. You can clearly see that she's being set up to be one of the more powerful characters as well, being able to hear the voice of god and having the ability to influence the world because of her connections to her brothers.

The male lead hasn't been introduced but I'm going to guess that he'll be as obsessive as her brothers. I hope it's the good type of obsessive, the one with the right vibes. But we'll see!

Not very unique but still sufficiently amusing. You could still try giving it a read until chapter 10.

Reviewed at Chapter 23.

Read until Chapter 44 and it does not get better folks. It's more or less the same - we already know they'll fall in love, she'll achieve her goals, she'll be granted that "super rare power" - nothing stands out to me. The art style is so-so, the story even more so, and ultimately, I could not even finish the available chapters.

I say pass unless this is your guilty pleasure read.

Reviewed at Chapter 44.

4.5/10 art
6.5/10 characters
4.5/10 overall
peekachu's avatar
Aug 5, 2023

the story was better in first 20 chapters. Then it begins to drag a lot..

ApatheticNote's avatar
Apr 5, 2023

LOVED THE STORY, its paced in a very nice way. Some may consider it too long but iv read so many mangas with this theme and its nice for things to go slower rather than hurrying up. The male lead dosent show up till around chapter 35 or something and the actual start of the 'romance novel' has only just started (around chapter 80) i think its so amazing and it allows times for the characters to grow a relationship with one another. I must say the brother undying love thing is a bit annoying, there personalitys dont change too much but either way the main character and the male lead ;) oh my oh my. If you like a slow paced manga this is for u!!

ListlessLux's avatar
Jun 27, 2022

Story is the basics but I was curious and interested in what direction they were going for the story. I liked the ML and the MC's dynamic and their relationship. Events did go a little fast in the beginning but I enjoyed myself and didn't feel that bored.

The art is pretty and loved it. the relationship between the MC and her brothers are sweet and i hope to see what comes out of it in the future isnt anything weird like other comics.