I'm in Love with the Villainess - Reviews

Alt title: Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou

I'm in Love with the Villainess
Manthika's avatar
Oct 22, 2020

Honestly, this is hilarious.  The main character is basically a raging masochist who the villainess ostensibly hates but, the antethesis of all bullies: she says "step on me harder" instead of crying about it.  Surely the bully should give up?  Ha, no, she's too proud.  So it's a neverending cycle.  The setup is fun, the interactions are hilarious, and it may be full of cliches but I very earnestly enjoy it.

Grusomhed's avatar
Dec 24, 2020

"You know you are in love when you cannot fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

In a nutshell
The manga focuses on an otome, romantic, adventure game that is called “Revolution." It is set in a Royal Academy and the player can enjoy their time with three wonderful princes. However, Rei Oohashi, the female protagonist of this manga, instead of dreaming about beautiful princes, she falls in love with the main female villainess, Claire Francois. Will Rei be able to make her feelings reach Claire?

Oohashi Rei works for a respectably sized, but routinely oppressive company; doing the same work over and over again, her life hardly shows anything new and good about it. However, she has one hobby that helps her keep going and is perfect to fight her depression; her passion for games is so high that even after returning from her work late at night, she still plays her favorite otome game “Revolution.” One day, upon returning from yet another night shift, she starts playing her favorite game and finds herself in the world of it. But this does not worry her at all.

Criticism/Some Thoughts
Okay, that is a weird one. I do know a few things from the novel, but spoilers are a no-no. For now, this manga is quite a funny and unique read, so it does its job perfectly fine. Indeed, this might change in the future chapters, but for now it is flawless. It even does not waste your time on absolutely useless things, like how Rei becomes a protagonist of the game and what happens to her in real life.

Overall
All in all, it is yet another weird manga and a great satire on the dating games. It manages to be what it is and does not waste your time on some completely unnecessary things, you do not need. Make sure to check the light novel as well, if waiting for the new manga chapters is impossible for you.

hulkeye1's avatar
Jan 21, 2021

Now I'm no expert, but this.... I like

Astolfocalibur's avatar
May 4, 2021

The main character is unique i really enjoyed reading this even if it was for 4 chapters highly recommended.