I Woke Up as the Villain - Reviews

Alt title: Na Honja Soseol Song Mangnani

I Woke Up as the Villain
E11echan's avatar
Oct 23, 2020

This is like the threeway lovechild of Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, Trash of the Count's Family and Solo Leveling. A orphaned dude wakes up as the rich asshole villain in a story he was reading and decides that to use his money and influence to survive his characters death and go live a peaceful life as a rich man (just like Trash of the Count's Family). He has the ability to quickly level up (like Solo Leveling) and gains interest from the "gods" who watch the poweful people around them (Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint). Overall the story is interesting and the art is good as well. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I recommend it to people who like any of those three mangas.

creamycutie13's avatar
Apr 5, 2021

This is like Trash of the Counts Family, Solo Leveling, Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint and Tomb Raider King mixed together. And I honestly am here for it because I like all of those. The art style is really nice and the story seems like it's going somewhere.

bernabeshu's avatar
Oct 20, 2021

Hell yeah for queerbaiters!

The day has come where there's a SPOILER ⚠️

Choi Yu-Seong won't end up with anyone on the raws lmfao 🤣 So your cut-off fantasy between KDJ and YJH will surely be fulfilled here! 😳

The story is a mix of ORV, TOTCF, & Solo Leveling. There are Deus Ex Machina, since it lack original elements. The light novel is caught up on the manhwa (yes, manhwa has more chapters than the LN) so you better brace yourselves for the war of the continent. I wonder if Yu-Seong is suicidal like our Holy Trinity here? I hope not. Better learn your lessons from Yu-Seong! 😂

MC is smart, has supportive butlers, a psychotic father (lmao) and psychotic siblings. (Except for two, I really like him) I'm at Chapter 71 and MC really needs to be an attention whore. Gosh. He is planning to make a name in the industry, since he's a Good-For-Nothing son of a filthy rich. Original MC Dojin came from another world (I'm still confused about this one is he a transmigrator too or a regressor?) There are a lot of plot that needs to be filled, honestly. But it's interesting, so yeah it's bearable.

My ❓ is..

HOW THE HELL DID YU-SEONG REMEMBERED THE PLOT OF "MODERN SPIRIT RING MASTER?"

WHY ARE VILLAINS SO DUMB (holy shit be competitive enough god)

WHY IS RACHEL SO HOT (She's mine, burn me up, sistah)

and WHY IS YU-SEONG ROLLING ON THE SOFA?! (He really screams feminine I love it 👑✨)

There are many plot holes and it's not as intense as you think, but so far an enjoyable read for me. Give it a try, it's underrated! 🤙😉

duchessliz's avatar
Dec 11, 2020

A man who was up all night working falls asleep and wakes up to find himself in a web novel that he was reading. Not only that, he finds himself in the body of a villain in the series named Choi Yoosung who ends up getting killed after being used by the main character Kim Dojin to kill Yoosung's father.

In this novel world there are dungeons that are being conquored by hunters who have awakened powers to deal with the monsters within said dungeons. Originally, Choi Yoosung was a disappointment who didn't have any awakened abilities and it led to his insecurities and lack of self worth that led into him being absolute trash as a human being. He acted like a spoiled rich brat and partied and drank and treated the people around him terribly. But once becoming that trashy character the NEW Choi Yoosung does something the original would never do, he goes to his father and essentially tells the man that he's done being the disappointment that he was and done moping and wants to make something of himself and asks his father to give him a chance. Which the man does. He ends up taking something that forces him to 'awaken' and he decides to become a hunter to better protect himself from Kim Dojin, who is already trying to weasle his way into Yoosung's life.

Kim Dojin is an up and coming hunter who many people have their eyes on. He has every intention of killing Yoosung's father and HAD every intention of using Yoosung and then throwing him away, but notices that Choi Yoosung has changed. The boy who thought he would be better off dead now clearly wants to live and is showing fighting spirit and a personality that Dojin didn't see before. He begins to think that Yoosung would be worth so much more at his side and starts to think it'd be better to keep him around and get him stronger than to toss him away.

Yoosung on the other hand is working to make himself stronger and to level up as much as he can to face whatever the future will bring. He's confused as to why his father, who was very indifferent to him in the novel, is suddenly showing more interest in him. Which, of course, doesn't make it easier on him as many of his siblings very much don't like this fact. He also decides to gather around a group of people that he can trust to guard his back should things with Dojin go south, although he's dodging the man to the best of his abilities.

So yeah, this manhwa is like a cross between Omniscent Reader's Viewpoint and Trash of the Count's Family so if you enjoy either series then you will undoubtedly like this series. The art is really well done imo and the story is getting more exciting as the time passes. I'm wondering if he'll be able to catch up to Dojin due to his future knowledge because he's a reader of the web novel. Also, Dojin reminds me so much of Joonghyuk from ORV lol. I look forward to seeing what happens in this series and definitely recommend if you are a fan of one or both of the other series I mentioned.

v1ad's avatar
Jan 9, 2021

This manhua is pretty good. The plot actually is not original, but still is interesting. The main character is smart. Read it it is worth your time.