I Met the Male Lead in Prison - Reviews

Alt title: Gambangeseo Namjajuingongeul Mannatseumnida

I Met the Male Lead in Prison
Manthika's avatar
May 8, 2021

I didn't expect this to be a cute manhwa going in, okay?  I avoided it for a bit because I thought it was going to be cringey or 'hardcore masculine jerks everywhere' due to the 'og canon' being 'R18' but I was bored so I checked it out.  Good decision for me.  The 'prison' for the most part is more like a 'noble recreation center' aside from the jumpsuits (lol) because they're all nobles.  But the ML is in the dungeon due to his issues and in chains.  Go figure.

The ML has the mentality of an animal and issues the new FL helps him with and he's basically like a puppy??? Super duper cute.  Obviously she has to be careful so he doesn't attack her and won't do anything to her (like domesticating an animal, basically) and that would be cringey if he couldn't come to his senses more and be human in mind as well as body but it's all good.

Really, the strong point of this is how cute the ML is.  That's it, that's the strong point.  So adorable.  I have a weakness for blushy-crying bois.  Pat.  Pat. Though if you like the strong, masculine type- this isn't for you.  Home boy gets blushy at hand holding.  I can 100% see anyone who is into femdom/petplay eyeing this really hard, it has that sort of vibe.

Kinda wanna smack MC for thinking like 'I like handsome men more than pretty boys' like DaM oKI dEn.  Still would recommend.

YukinaZero's avatar
May 13, 2021

Complete cuteness overload! I can't wait to see where the plot with what's already been given. Lyana is such an interesting character and Lich is such a good doggo😍 Not to mention that that the Warden is spoken HOT! Yes please.