I Got Pregnant with the Tyrant's Child - Reviews

May 31, 2021

Spoilers!~
(Got up to chapter 19)

#Everyonesucks

Summary: The day after the most festive night in the year, Ilya has opened her eyes and was greeted with a naked man’s hard, muscular back. Ilya quickly recognized him as Cairat, the emperor known for his cruelty, so she left before he would wake up. Ilya hopes to forget the previous night and move on like nothing had happened. But things don’t go as she expects “I am pregnant??” The tyrant’s child was conceived from a one-night stand. “What happens if a woman with His Majesty’s child appears?” “A child who shouldn’t exist, so of course I’d to deal with it.” In a way, he said that he would kill both the woman and the child. “You should never tell the emperor that you are pregnant.” Ilan decided to keep this secret to herself forever, afraid of what may happen to her child if was discovered who the father was. But the Emperor’s actions are a bit unusual…
Currently: On going

I don't usually do reviews, however, I am, this story is an absolute mess!
I originally read it back when it was first released, it has roughly; 3-4 chapters. I thought it was promising so I left it to go back on it when the chapters were finished and released. However, I have got to say, worst decision ever.

The entire story was trash, the beginning was pretty good but as it progressed, the storyline began to crumble, it's just so unrealistic!

I remember reading a scene and thinking- oh damn, finally some progress! Joy! But then 10 chapters in it doesn't make sense. What had happened is the FL gets pushed down the stairs, injures the baby- and so on. 10 chapters in, we never figured out who pushed her down the stairs and it's a pretty big deal for development. I NEED A MOTIVE- I NEED SOMEONE TO BLAME THIS ON. The manhwa leaves so many loose ends as it progresses, there's no real development for characters as they all are loose cannons. It begs to question whether the point of this was to watch everyone crumble.

The characters are disgusting and infuriating, they're just so possessive and toxic masculinity is spread throughout it.

I STRONGLY CAUTION YOU TO NOT READ THIS MANHWA! Absolute waste of time.

Oh, and the reason it doesn't get a downright 1 was because the shadow knights do be down bad.

vubritney123's avatar
Apr 8, 2021

There isn't any character development and all the characters come off a little annoying. The emperor is creepy so its not even a really satisfying romance nor do you really root for him and the girl to end up together. The only thing that kept me going was the cliff hanger of how he was gonna find her. It just overalll fell very flat, but at the same time it wasn't so bad that i could drop it, just prob not gonna get back to it any time soon.

SAVAGEGIRL18's avatar
Apr 18, 2021

OK FIRST OF ALL ROMANCE IS STUPID I MEAN THE STORYLINE IS TOO UNREALISTIC AND

the dreams are a stupid way of getting her to ‘fall’ for the emperor. yeah pregnancy causes your hormones to spike but that doesn’t necessarily mean the ONLY person she’s going to find attractive is the emperor. dream! emperor isn’t even realistic lmao I wanted her to have actual interactions with the real emperor so their relationship can develop… JUST SAYIN  AND THE ART NEEDS A LITTLE WORK