I Choose the Emperor Ending - Reviews

Alt title: Hwangjeendingeuro Gagetseumnida

I Choose the Emperor Ending
mastermoocher223's avatar
Feb 5, 2021

The main character, Marina, is a somewhat insensitive scientist who writes webnovels on the side. she develops a visual reality and enters her novel but soon realizes she cant get out. she gets taken as a slave but then dresses as a boy, burns the slave building down with the documents, kidnaps and imprisons the main character of the story, and threatens her way into the position of castle mechanic. she then starts producing a bunch of modern science and impresses everyone. its a bit like dr. stone.

Marina isnt taken by the belief that the story must play out like it does in the novel and thinks of all the charcters as her "babies" as she did literally create them. she's no pushover and is actually really funny.

ElenaRavenwood's avatar
Jan 19, 2021

Self fulfillment story while still being wholesome. It emphasizes on relationship despite having many diversity: gender, status, origin. The female lead isn't weak but not too overpowering in terms of characterization. They complement each other perfectly. There's really nothing for me to nitpick, so I give it a whole 9 out 10. I cant give 10 no matter how good it is because it's not jaw-dropping. But still wholesome though. FYI : NOT BL!! Incase homophobias out there want to understand why gender doesn't matter while still being outside that zone. Of course unless you're that kind who think that girls need to wear dresses or long skirt, which makes you beyond, just beyond.

satxire's avatar
May 13, 2020

Ngl this manhwa reminds me of Dr. Stone. Imagine being a scientist from the 21st century then time traveling back to the Medieval Ages. Having that scientific knowledge and being able to help prevent wars and fights was basically what Marina or Rino was doing. Marina/Rino is literally best girl. Smart, sly, cute, you name it!

Also, this is a romance story, and Rino is hiding her gender from everyone in the story soo... hehe.. boy+boy. But don't worry the power of cliche and logic will make it so that people will know Rino's true gender.

Overall, the plot is well thought through, the art is splendid, and the character designs are great. I totally recommend this to people who enjoy science or Dr. Stone (although theres no chemicals and machinerys used).

mungil's avatar
Sep 15, 2020

This story is hilariously funny. It kept me caught in surprise and just laughed, even after so many chapters. Really, it's been so long that I laughed so many times cause of reading a story or watching an anime. Several times, I thought that I was laughing louder than I should be :p The chibi version scenes were also appropriately put and made the story more and more amusing and cute.

That aside, the storyline is also good, based on Person in a Strange World type, told in an interesting way. The romance developed gradually. The art is good and clean. So far, I've read 50+ chapter and very much enjoy reading it.

Len453's avatar
Aug 7, 2020

This story is actually pretty good and the MC is a really intresting character

Making cool inventions and stuff under a cover in the story she herself wrote so that's pretty cute

Also very very funny like they randomly do the stupidest stuff and the ML and his little guard are two soft cute bois that blush so easily and it's just adorable