I Can Do It (Novel) - Reviews

I Can Do It (Novel)
ImiPups's avatar
Aug 17, 2022

I don't play LoL but this novel's still coaxing me into downloading the game even tho i know it's a bad idea 💀 send help... ~(へдへ~)

Short summary:
It's a story about two League of Legends players competing on the same team. Jian Rong, aka Soft, became a popular streamer, who occasionally insulted other players and wasn't afraid to state his own opinion in his streams, although due to some new rules on "StarTV" (a streaming platform, Twitch like) he had to stall his streaming career until he's 18. In that period, he applied to "TTC" -a competitive team for e-sports' LoL. In this team, his idol, Lu Boyuan, aka Road, was a member. Read this novel to find out more about Road's and Soft's relationship and their LoL careers.

My opinion on the story:
As I said, I do not play LoL, (there was also no explanation given to the rules) so I am not familiar with the terms used, fortunately, the english translator gave explanations for some words, it helped a lot, to understand what was going on in the game and some Chinese memes and puns.
The beginning of the novel was a bit too fast in my opinion, I could not adapt to all character names, so I reread the first 4 chapters to fully understand what was going on and who was saying what.
And the novel is slow-burn....really slow. Partly because Jian Rong is still a minor in the first half of the novel, but when the romance began, it was so sweet and heartwarming.
The games were also really interesting, it’s so cute to see Jian Rong growing and getting stronger, even if he has "natural talent" for the game, he just played like a lone wolf and could not understand well how to be part of a team and support others.
However, the best thing for me were Jian Rong’s fans! The dad-fans' comments were really funny and they all treated him like their real son. I will put some of my favorite comments below so you can understand what I mean.>:3
All in all, the beginning was a little hard to understand, but everything else was absolutely amazing and wholesome. <3

Charcters:
Let's start with Jian Rong, like stated he's like a lone wolf always barking at other players and playing without relying on others but in the arms of his idol, Lu Boyuan, he's an absolutely cute puppy. He's also got nice character development!
Lu Boyuan's one of the best players in the international e-sports department, and he's the only one who hasn't been insulted by Jian Rong! <3 He's well-written and such a cutie-pie and simp for Jian Rong >:3
The side characters are awesome, too! I pity the mangager, Ding-ge, so much, he has to go through a lot of stress...rip bro
And the other players (in- and outside of the team) are so fkn cute.
There's even a side-ship (side-CP), it has its own side story as well. It's pretty short but cute as hell!

Absolutely recommended even if you're not familiar with e-sports or LoL!!!

Here are some of the dad-fans' comments i mentioned earlier:

「I'm also waiting, if i don't insult him for a day then my heart feels all empty inside.」
「Oh shit, someone's finally discorvered my son's strength?」
「Son, you just wait, Dad will go over to God Lu's livestream and help you propose marriage.」
「Jian Rong, when you're backstage during the spring season, you better not get into a fight. With your phyisique, you won't be able to win. Dad will help you curse him out online.」
「Girlfirend fans, don't bother, this dumbass is underage, Dad doesn't allow him to date early.」
「Shit, bros, run for it! This dumbass is starting to delete his replies and blacklist people!!!」
「Let me clarify something, he doesn't have fans, everyone here is his dad.」

YourWelcome's avatar
Dec 30, 2023

help...I can't do anything...I can only imagine Soft as Heartsteel Ezreal...even though his hair is green... My little Ezreal... don't download league of legends...

sassykillua's avatar
Jun 20, 2023

STOP! NOBODY MOVES! THIS NOVEL IS FUCKING LEGENDARY!!!IT LITERALLY MADE IT'S WAY TO MY TOP LIST EFFORTLESSLY!!I'M LITERALLY ON MY WAY TO STAMP IN RIGHT IN MY HEART AND MIND!! THIS IS TOTALLY AMAZING! I'M TOTALLY ADDICTED!!! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AND I'M ALSO ON THE FLOOR FROM LAUGHING LIKE A DYING OCTOPUS WHILE READING THIS!! THE HUMOR IS TOP NOTCH!AND I DESPERATELY WANT TO BE A PART OF THAT FANDOM!!! THEY'RE GIGACHADS!AND HAVE YOU SEEN JUST HOW MUCH OF A BADASS BITCH MY DUMBASS SON IS?!?! I LEGIT SCREAMED MYSELF SENSELESS!! LITERALLY THERE'S NO FLAW!! I LOVE IT UGH!!MY SON AND HIS HUBBY'S DYNAMIC IS THE BEST AS WELL AS WITH ALL THE OTHER CHARACTERS!!!I NEVER SQUEALED LIKE THIS BEFORE LIKE I DID WHILE READING THIS! WHY IS THERE'S NO HIGHER RATE THAN 10?!!?

Bblluuu's avatar
Jun 16, 2023

I finished this in 4-5 days

Literally the perfect bl that im looking for, the dynamic of the pair, the other characters, the setting, how it was writen! Every chapter never misses. The author really made a masterpiece for someone like me who likes this kind of settings.

I recommend reading it!!!!

My dumbass son TT....i will miss you soooo much! I love youuuu

saikifannumber1's avatar
Feb 19, 2023

First time reading this kind of novel and i thoroughly enjoyed it! Characters are cute and i really liked their personalities. would recc <33