I Belong to the Baddest Girl at School - Reviews

Alt title: Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san

I Belong to the Baddest Girl at School
Kataphraktoi's avatar
Aug 24, 2022

Dont be fooled by the tags - this is a very cute, fluffy, and light hearted romantic comedy.

She thinks they're dating. He thinks he is her property. This is all based on misunderstandings in the normal romcom way as both take the same actions and words in different way.

The artwork is pretty solid and the characters quite appealing to the eye.

All that said, its a romcom. The 'story' simply consists of these two interacting in the usual ways. Its very enjoyable if you want a romcom but its nothing more than that.

Harsh84211's avatar
Jan 3, 2024

This manga was so cute and funny, man I am still smiling

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Jan 4, 2022

This is pretty cute. It's one of those romances where both parties are interpreting the same words and actions in two wildly different ways, creating a humorous effect. This one does an interesting thing where the nature of the misunderstandings shift over time, but the characters are still under some sort of misunderstanding throughout the majority of the series. They did a pretty decent job with the ending, I guess, though it did feel like they were just throwing last-minute drama in to jerk me around and make it as intense as possible.

I found the main couple to be pretty adorable, but the side characters generally felt more annoying than anything. I guess I liked Toramaru's younger brother a bit and Yutaka's levelheadedness can also be a nice contrast, but Matsuri and Aika don't hold much value to me. And with Aika specifically, I found it strange that Toramaru (an established delinquent known for settling conflicts through violence) didn't settle the conflict with Aika by using violence. It seemed like it was giving Aika more influence than fe should've had.

I think Toramaru's spanks look cute.