How to Use a Returner - Reviews

Alt title: Hoegwija Sayong Seolmyeongseo

How to Use a Returner
fouir's avatar
Jan 9, 2023

As an artist, the art is great.

The main character is...a very ambitious man. A very smart but manipulative person. He's the 'work smarter not harder' type of character. If I'm going to be honest, he's a trashy character that uses his 'friends' as a stepping stone to survive.

The only reason why I still continue on reading this is to see if he ever gets better or should I say character development. Will he ever see his friends as 'friends'? Will he finally have morales? If not, I also want to see how trashier he gets as he continues to pursue his goals.

Its funny too 'cause its almost like a harem genre except he uses those characters to his advantage instead of 'love interest'.

Big claps to the author and artist. Makes my blood boil but the story is interesting nonetheless.

GamerBros55's avatar
Nov 4, 2021

SPOILER

The Story is okay so far nothing significant has happened for me to say its a good story. So there isnt much i can say on that part.

The art is also pretty decent but nothing special.

the characters are where it is at they just something else, youve got a golden retriver, a yandere, a cold hearted manipulative strategist and and your typical strong hero type. The yandere is the best part of this story imo. The interections between all the charcters is what makes me like this series.

molopower's avatar
Jun 23, 2022

Don't read this, it's got an interesting premise I'll give it that. But everything else is a dumpster fire, cliches o plenty, terrible characters and a world blander than washed-out bread.

As of today august 30th I have given, "how to use a returner" a second chance. I think it gets much better once the story unravels further. Most of my criticism still do apply, but I'd say the underlying issue of wether you'll enjoy this one would be the protagonist. Can you stand his manipulative nature?  Because it gets progressively worse.

I shall change my rating from 5 to 7.

uniDJar's avatar
Dec 6, 2022

yup this one's a Masterpiece!

weak MC befriends a returner in a tutorial dungeon and decides to use the returner (and others) for his successful life forward. This is the basic plot. The story is really well done and has good flow and plenty of enticing moments, not to mention some great references to famous works.

MC has only luck and Intelligence going for him an he uses them pretty well. Glad to see that he isn't another OP main character. Heck! most female characters are stronger than him. Other characters have their own moments and uniqueness.

The art is very good. Glad I picked this up.

Chapters read : 70

v1ad's avatar
Nov 17, 2021

This is really original, at first I thougth it was your typical regressor plot BUT the first plot twist hooked me and will hook you too. The characters are the main strong point of this manhua.

8.5/10 story