How to Snag an Alpha - Reviews

Alt title: Geu Alpha-reul Kkosineun Beop

How to Snag an Alpha
hkqcc27's avatar
Feb 14, 2021

To be honest, I really like this omegaverse as much as whatever else I read, but, to tell the truth, I find their relationship to be a little rushed even though it is pretty cute haha.

9.5/10 art
9.5/10 characters
Balzofsatan's avatar
Apr 1, 2021

Man i don't know why i torture myself by reading this.

Dont remember anyone's name (not a shocker there) but you say omegaverse full color story with guy who complains and cries constantly, thinking hes entitled to this one creme of the crop alpha who just happens to somehow randomly be okay with it and I say oh that one

Yea if you cant tell already: I hate this.

The story doesnt even make sense. i get some people read bl for the smut but you cant get off to this im sorry theres too much wannabe plot here.

wooyoung (the bottom) is annoying as all hell and i hate his guts bc all he ever does is, well like i said before: whine, cry, and complain. Mr.Cha (the top) is a decent character. though i dont get why he randomly decides to tolerate his fuckbuddy-turned boyfriend- turned husband's behavior.

the only reason why this is getting a 4 is because of the art thats better than manhua quality but not like god tier art. I dont know what they were trying to do with the chibi art here. the chibi art while wooyoung is acting like a brat doesnt make him look cute, if anything it pisses me off even more.

Cheesestorm's avatar
Apr 15, 2021

Omegaverse stuff is not for everyone. I only recently started gravitating to these stories. I put this one off because I wasn't into the premise and the reviews here were very split. I was bored and gave a chance... I'm glad I did!

I felt compelled to leave a brief review for others on the fence.

The main lead is, indeed, an annoying little sh-- at first but he grows on you. If you've read Love Is and Illusion, you'll find the mains leads are similar but different. Personally, I ended up finding Wooyoung Yoon to be more likeable than Hyseung ever was (yikes don't come for me). Once you get the character you can head their tone and find the humor. Yoon himself is a walking joke. The writing and gag art is very funny. I haven't laughed out loud from a romance manhua in a while.

Yoon also has this combination of naive and confident that I find amusing for a story like this. He definitely breaks some tropes and exaggerates others.

The main couple's relationship is rushed (all too common in omegaverse and BL in general), but I was still able to enjoy it. When there's fluff content, it is very fluffy.

6.5/10 story