Hotel Phryne - Reviews

Hotel Phryne
priorincantetam's avatar
Apr 9, 2020

The entire manga feels so refreshing. The characters are well-thought-out, so much so that you can relate to them. It gives you a wonderful insight into the personality traits of the main character, I actually really enjoyed reading it so much. The art is great, "SPOILER" you may feel weirded out a bit by the antagonist (maybe I'm just not used to seeing a guy with a rose head?, talking!), but it won't be that weird, I promise. Reading it till the end is worth it because the ending is really satisfying and justified.

Joohoneyackson's avatar
Aug 2, 2020

I can’t explain how much I love this. I think you either love or hate this one, and I absolutely love it. I thought this was going to be some weird thriller story, so I didn’t expect much but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I admit, at first I was thinking things like “…What even am I reading?” but I kept reading anyway, and I’m so glad I did. Yes, it has some weird elements to it, but you have to look past that. It’s more than a thriller story, it has a deep meaning to it. To me, it’s about self-love, self-hatred, self-acceptance and accepting others as they are.

Besides that, the story has some twists that I really loved. I can’t say that they came to me as a surprise because along the way I figured out what was going to happen. Though, the story is not predictable when you don’t try to figure out for yourself what is going on. There is a game going on with a life or death situation, and you can’t resist collecting clues. The story kept me on the edge till the end, and the ending is just wholesome.

This is not a typical BL, and that’s why I loved it so much. I really recommend reading this one!

c3ci's avatar
Jul 8, 2020

Yoooooo you ever read something so good you have to go back and change the ratings on the stuff you read before?? This is SO good. Reminds me of the Dangan Ronpa games a little bit. Also had a nice message towards the end. I felt a lot of emotions reading this!

pcyder's avatar
Dec 6, 2020

I was kinda hoping they keep calling that guy flowerhead, lol... Everything is so beautiful and I could say that every flower has it own good and bad.

Put aside this is a bl, if it wasn't a bl I would read for a great storyline. As I read I keep forget that this is a bl. It just centric around the couple and the relationship, not in bad way. It just so that we as reader can reflect ourselves at the end of the story.

SPOILER :

I never knew “I love you in all perfect and imperfections” could be so deep...

This might sounds unrelated for those who doesn't read it yet, but I think you'll understand by the end of the story.

katarinahime's avatar
Dec 8, 2020

This is so good, at first it is confusing, I was asking myself who is the real Hyunjin, but in the middle of the story I realized it (SPOILER) I realized that they are all real, that they are just Hyunjin's personalities. In the last chapter I screamed my heart out that my mother looked at me like she wants me to put on adoption, lmao. THE STORY IS SO GOOD, I LOVE THE PLOT TWIST.