Hotel Phryne - Reviews

Hotel Phryne
priorincantetam's avatar
Apr 9, 2020

The entire manga feels so refreshing. The characters are well-thought-out, so much so that you can relate to them. It gives you a wonderful insight into the personality traits of the main character, I actually really enjoyed reading it so much. The art is great, "SPOILER" you may feel weirded out a bit by the antagonist (maybe I'm just not used to seeing a guy with a rose head?, talking!), but it won't be that weird, I promise. Reading it till the end is worth it because the ending is really satisfying and justified.

c3ci's avatar
Jul 8, 2020

Yoooooo you ever read something so good you have to go back and change the ratings on the stuff you read before?? This is SO good. Reminds me of the Dangan Ronpa games a little bit. Also had a nice message towards the end. I felt a lot of emotions reading this!

Some1ridculous's avatar
Sep 20, 2020

Wow I gotta say this is pretty much mix between "The Shining" and "Kanji ultimate survivor" like it did have surprising scenes that you never would have imagined before. I mean, has any character been some sort of flower with no face in the manga and anime world? Not that I have known so far and definitely not a smart manipulator like Mr Rose boy here. Man, this guy was pretty interesting like he knew tons of creative ways to make the main character go ballistic . He also made a smart move by giving our MC a shock of his life, by confusing him with different coloured clones of his lover and understand which one is the exact real one.

However if you're prone to headaches, than this manhwa may not be for you cause there's a lotta what ifs and buts here...

It's also definitely saucy like any Yaoi manga/manhwa out there so it's not all bad right??? XD

Anyways if you want to try out a guessing game story, this ones for you lot!

Btw Happy Xmas in September lads, I hope you all are having a interesting festive time for the past 7 months 🎄🎀🎅😂😂😂😂😂

infinitelol's avatar
Oct 17, 2020

I read this manhwa only in one day because the story made me feel excited but anxious at the same time. The characters and the personality is perfect int their own way. Honestly, I cried a little at the ending so hard. It's give me realization about how to appreciated all little things in ourselves and others. For Mr. Rose character and personality, he kinda made me mad but some of his actions actually made the main character to learn what is important in relationship and life. I really recommended this manhwa for those people who like some different things in BL manhwa. The sexual tension, the feeling, the craziness and the heartwarming things in this manhwa is perfectly fit and amazing. Although, I don't know what happened to Mr. Rose. He a mysterious character and kinda hot. I really hope that this manhwa have a season 2. I really want see other couple to trap at this Hotel Phryne and see what their will do. I give this manhwa 10/10

9.5/10 art
Joohoneyackson's avatar
Aug 2, 2020

I can’t explain how much I love this. I think you either love or hate this one, and I absolutely love it. I thought this was going to be some weird thriller story, so I didn’t expect much but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I admit, at first I was thinking things like “…What even am I reading?” but I kept reading anyway, and I’m so glad I did. Yes, it has some weird elements to it, but you have to look past that. It’s more than a thriller story, it has a deep meaning to it. To me, it’s about self-love, self-hatred, self-acceptance and accepting others as they are.

Besides that, the story has some twists that I really loved. I can’t say that they came to me as a surprise because along the way I figured out what was going to happen. Though, the story is not predictable when you don’t try to figure out for yourself what is going on. There is a game going on with a life or death situation, and you can’t resist collecting clues. The story kept me on the edge till the end, and the ending is just wholesome.

This is not a typical BL, and that’s why I loved it so much. I really recommend reading this one!