Honey Catch - Reviews

Alt title: Hollow Lovers

Honey Catch
rogue97's avatar
Apr 23, 2021

honestly i'm giving a nine but i did rate it five stars, i'm not a shounen-ai person but the plot on this one succeeded at keeping engage trough the lack of smut. Truly a masterpiece, no disgusting cheesiness  even when they get lovey-dovey and most impirtantly no misunderstandings that DRAG on for chapters and chapters.

Kavi2z3's avatar
Jun 3, 2020

This is definitely one of the best manga i have ever read! The art sstyle is so freaking beautiful and the story omg its simply perfection!! The romance so real! Its shows actually how hard to come out of the closet the couple is everything!! Its no fantasy but the truth as it is! So great i realy enjoyed the story thank you so much arthur for this amazing story a must read i would say 💋🔥

ksensei's avatar
May 6, 2020

What a ride! Totally worth getting into it... [not too sure what the review stating this manhua is about the 2 guys fighting over another one was about...]
An immature cute boy is about to become a man. A not so much more mature one is about to be swayed... Mmhmm
I like my manhua to be about LGBTQI+ themes and this one doesn't disappoint! Also I like mature Yaoi, this is not one and I really enjoyed reading it. This is a great Shounen-Ai, and it is not immature writing either. I don't know if you are like me, but the whole 85 chapters to get a kiss is not my cup of tea...

It's a great piece. The story is not shallow, despite the set up being in the fashion industry (it's a shame we don't get more into the real challenges both characters really face) and speaks about many challenges young gay men can go through (and not only about coming out). Of course, DO NOT WORRY, you will find the usual seme-uke stuff you love and the whole Oh-but-I-said-I-am-straight-tralala
One noticeable thing: I had the chance to read this one in one go (so much better to write reviews than getting one chapter a week) and I can say each chapter is short but straight to the point. it is such a great force, it adds to much to it and twice my heart skip a beat, to be honest! Twice for my old age is a LOT >>>
The characters are not as strong as they could to back it all off, but it's one we will forgive the manhuajia because they are simply so gorgeous. Still, sometimes, it is too much shallowness in their conversation or some conversation are just avoided and they shouldn't have been, cause the story deserved better characters to serve it. But still pretty rare for characters to evolve that much so still loved it...

But like I said, the Art is STUNNING. And the expressions, especially the ones from Chuchu are just really so well created!

Well done Wang Tao: that's an 8

***Thanks for reading! Don't hesitate to leave a comment on my profile to let me know what you think!***

Naosk's avatar
Dec 6, 2020

This manhua is super great.

First, as others comments pointed it, the consent here is very important; and in many yaoi it's unfortunately not the case.

The characters are thus more realistic, understable, and endearing.

This art work has a stuning visual, especially the eyes, which are really emotional.

It's rare, but this is close to a notion of "true romance", with all the issues it can face.

I greatly recommend it!

YukinaZero's avatar
Jul 22, 2021

I read 8 chapters. The story starts off with our 14 year old protagonist basically getting raped and goes on to explain how this emotionally damaged him to the point of needing to constantly be in a relationship to function. All of which was glossed over in like 4 pages and the rest of the 7 chapters is spent setting the foundation for what would probably be a just as disturbing couple. I tried to like it but the tone of this manhua just made me deeply uncomfortable.