Gimme That Pacifier! - Reviews

Alt title: Jjogjjogireul Juseyo

Gimme That Pacifier!
AFL's avatar
May 12, 2022

Super adorable! Loving it so far

NicoDreamyMouse's avatar
May 1, 2022

I'm honestly kinda disappointed with this one. This manhwa was a miss for me in terms of the story because it was your typical child reincarnation story. The only thing I found more unique than the other child reincarnation manhwas is that in this one, the female lead becomes non-existent instead of being killed by a sword. Other than that, not much good things to say about this manhwa. The art is solid and the characters are very well done but I will unfortunately be dropping this one. I want to give other manhwas a chance since I know that the next release I will be starting is one I've been dying to read in English translation. I will also start Just Leave Me Be, the author's other work so yeah... Sorry if you liked this manhwa but I just think that my manhwa rating will change into a lower one if I continue.

Update: I know I said that I will be dropping this manhwa but upon thinking about it, I think that this manhwa will have potential. So the good news is that I will not be dropping it but my review will stay the same until I'm either invested in the story or just can't stand it. I won't binge read the manhwa but I will read one chapter at a time.

Reviewed at Chapter 1 (Status: Currently Reading)

machiabeeli's avatar
Apr 8, 2022

An amusing reincarnation manhwa focused on a baby FL out for revenge.

The FL is a powerful magician, who was betrayed by her closest ally and was killed off. She resurrects in another empire as a severely neglected baby and only with a fraction of her original power. I haven't read a lot of reincarnation manhwa on babies so I don't have anything to compare this to. What I can say is that I'm quite intrigued with the plot so far!

In terms of art, I have no complaints so far. Everything looks like the artist has spent time creating the world and its characters and that's alright with me. With only 10 chapters out, for now, I can't say much about worldbuilding either since we were only given a preliminary backstory at the beginning of the chapter.

What I do like is the FL's situation. Usually, baby FLs are brought up in the best environment and with all the resources they need at their beck and call. This isn't the case for our FL - she is the epitome of a neglected child. Her maids don't feed her, she doesn't get bathed or cleaned at all, and her room in the estate has been forgotten and covered in dust. If she didn't have the power to get out and find food for herself, she would've died in a couple of days.

I like how resourceful our FL is. She tries her best to make the most out of her situation and refuses to let her circumstances weigh her down. Her mana and her skills are a pittance but nevertheless, she perseveres all for the sake of vengeance.

I'm not sure how this plot will progress as of yet but we do have the hot black-haired father and his kid in the works!

Will come back when we have 25 chapters for an updated review!

Reviewed at Chapter 10.