Get Schooled - Reviews

Get Schooled
arnexks's avatar
Jul 28, 2021

Do you like violence?

Of course you do. Seeing someone get knocked on their ass and plead for mercy to a dude with more strength is a power-trip. And power-trips are awesome!

Sadly not this one. The main plotline- <korean schooling system is filled with loop-holes where those loop-holes allow the students and the teachers to abuse people around them. But here comes the educational correction comittee (forgot it's name, but it's something like that) where the members are allowed to use any means necescery to fix problems in the students educational life.> So the MC goes around beating any students, teachers and a few others who he deems need some reforming.  The guys getting beaten are despicable and unlikable and have committed crimes and the fellas who got hurt because of the bad guys become happy. So what gives, why is this power-fantasy not to my liking?

The moral implications. This manhwa never says who trully is at fault: is it the system? the upbringing? the person? the culture? The answer is never clear, they play around by shifting blame to a different entity each time and fill the scenes with hair-ripping, head-kicking and other acts of violence. Even MC's violence gets an attempt to get softened with his sister was killed because of a bully. No in my opinion a story should be descisive in telling what is right and wrong and should atleast attempt to make it less than "PREPUBESCENT ADULT BEATDOWN 4000 SUPER EXTREME 2.0". I like my action and stuff, but this got more and more ridiculous with each passing chapter (there are 44 chapters during the writing of this review) and seeing a scene where a convict (who get's charged with indirect murder) gets released to beat their EVIL teacher and contemplate "Murder or no murder" in sight of the examplary protagonist is a joke. Up to that point you see the convict character attempt to scar a teacher and in this character's friends refusal to be a part of it, this person wounds the friend instead. Basically a PSYCHO. But they attempt to give you this bullshit of "well she got bullied and the teacher abused her and she didn't go to the school she wanted so that is why she is so deeply hurt that now she is sadistic. That is why you should feel a little for her". This is just 1 arc of the story but being up to the newest chapters, I don't see any redeeming qualities in characters except the fact, that the main cast is cool.

Pfffftt.....

I really blew off some steam there. Well finishing statement:

"A story has no right to preach morals, where the main cast beat people who abuse the system repeatably by using their position as education correctors. In short they punish those who abuse a system by abusing another system and to me, that is vile"

Respond if you may. I'm open to hear other's opinions and maybe getting my own (opinion) changed.

DeSiWeEb's avatar
Apr 2, 2021

Its freaking Amazing.

Story: A OP dude comes from government for punishing students who are bullying other students and teachers.

As a weeb I say that you will truly love it.

So, take my word and read it.

Yus02's avatar
Jul 9, 2021

U will love the series from the very first chapter.

The mc is op, wise and villainous too.

But the thing I liked the most is the story of each school he came across. Each and every story arc is f*cking amazing. And the way mc solves the problem are also unique.

Overall, You won't regret reading it. Instead you'll wish you knew about it sooner.

there is a strange feeling of satisfaction after each chapter.

Satoru101's avatar
Jul 1, 2021

This is so goddamn satisfying, Like I know how much you hate it when you see the weak getting bullied, But what better redemption than a teacher that looks like Aizawa beats their ass up and brings them back to the ground from their cloud 9.

molopower's avatar
Jul 26, 2022

How has Get Schooled slithered its way into the top 500? I have no clue because it sure as shit shouldn't be there. Do you think violence is always the way to solve a conflict? Are you okay with depictions of child torture? Do you enjoy repetitiveness? If so, buddy, I think I've found the perfect webtoon for you!

Reading Get Schooled was a gruelling task because there's not much, it's the same cycle over and over again. New school, beat the bullies to a pulp, and start over. Admittedly there are some variations but it doesn't stray too far away from the formula. There's no challenge, no stakes, no failure, everything's piss easy for the wardens, it's boring. And don't get me started over the morality of this webcomic. I've finished high school and I've had my fair share of life experiences. I've never seen bullying as depicted here. I'm sure it exists, but with how the manwha is written it feels like every school is experiencing violence to a tremendous degree. According to the story, most of it began with the anti-corporal punishment act. Ideally in schools, teachers should never rely on violence. I despise that Get Schooled insinuates otherwise. Honestly, it's not all bad I did enjoy some of the characters and there were touching moments but I still wouldn't recommend it, because I felt dirty reading this.