Fukushuu wo Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou suru - Reviews

Alt title: The Hero Who Seeks Revenge Shall Exterminate with Darkness

Fukushuu wo Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou suru
nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Feb 1, 2020

"Evil" surely exists. And verily I say unto you, there are people living today who seem incomprehensibly vile in their attitudes and actions to us normal folk. So one would think that a story could focus on these dark truths and be interesting, but not so for this manga. All of its over-the-top torturous sadism, backstabbing, cannibalism, and general lack of empathy just feels like a caricature of "evil." None of the characters feel believable or nuanced. Like, why is Raul so chipper while he's getting revenge? Does he actually care about these wrongs done to him or is he just using this as an excuse to let loose his inner cruelty? And at what point does his vengeance come to an end? The fact that he seems to be having fun and wants to drag it out makes it obvious that this is less about vengeance for him and more about a power trip. I can't understand why readers would root for him or even care whether he succeeds in his power trip or not.

[Reviewed at chapter 12]

Boomaye's avatar
Sep 4, 2020

Came to this while trying to scape the good hero stereotype, ended up enduring untill chapter 15.

The art is great, the premise is interesting, but everything else is lacking.

it is a straightforward world where there is good and evil and most every human is evil for no reason other than the sake of being bad.

the mc is as straightforward and shallow as the other characters.

this is extremely unrecomended as a series, maybe ok for a teen who reads 1 episode every 10 days or so and likes a "god playing with rats" style.

nemesisX02's avatar
Aug 30, 2019

basically Our MC was betrayed by the princess, camarades, citizens and is killed.He then goes back to where the godess first sent him, and he gets back his powers and his life.

Now he is aiming at getting revenge on everyone.

The story is quite hard to understand at the beginning, but it improves as the mangas goes...

I think the best thing the manga is the way our MC is planning to get he's revenge