Fuan no Tane - Reviews

Alt title: Seeds of Anxiety

Fuan no Tane
Caitlin5648's avatar
Sep 6, 2020

All I can say is, this is very bad horror. It's just badly executed 3 sentence horror stories. There is not story at all to this, the characters are meaningless, and the art is less than mediocre. Sort of disappointed

WolfAngelus's avatar
Sep 30, 2018

This came up while looking for "best horror comic book lists"on google, but there is nothing scary or creepy about any of these "extremely short stories" for me, my nightmares are 200x more scary and violent. Everything is a mini story which spans 1-5 pages. The biggest annoyance for me is that just as the "creepy thing/event" comes out or occurs, it doesn't show what actually happens, or the "result", leaving it feeling "unfinished" and half-assed.

My other issue is that several of the stories feel extremely similar, with very minimal changes. Like really, the ghost like thing used in most of the stories feel very similar, like they are doing almost the same thing to come off as creepy which gets dull and bland fast.. It seems like the emphasis was on quantity over quality.

As someone who normally always watches cartoons & anime, and just starting out with reading their very first few comics/manga, specifically looking for the "horror" tag, this is a huge let down. The saving grace is each volume is about 120 pages, so it only takes 1 hour or so to finish all 3 volumes, so not a huge time investment.