From Points of Three - Reviews

Alt title: Se Gaeui Jeom

From Points of Three
ikemenftw's avatar
Feb 27, 2019

Not the best. Pretty rough around the edges. Normally, I'd drop this type of story from chapter 1 but I got hooked with the threesome concept lmao. Well even that wasn't done well. The only reason I continued reading on until chapter 47 was because I liked the cute blonde guy, but he main character and his attitude just didn't sit well with me, maybe that's just because I read this after 'Never Understand' where the main character had great morales and was resilient af.

Anyways, when the *SPOILER* protagonist in this story started becoming irrational by planning this revenge plot agaisnt the main lead, I got turned off. The main lead doesn't deserve it.

Had potential, but was wasted.

5.5/10 overall
nanaosaki66's avatar
Oct 10, 2020

This was such a disappointing read, because I saw a lot of potential within the first few chapters. The art isn't anything new or especially captivating, but it was nice enough to reel me in, along with the premise of the story. I mean, a famous actor wanting the main character to film him having sex seems like a nice and interesting story, filled with lots of drama and possible romance. And we got that...but not in the right way.

I think the best part about this story is the dialogue. I thought it flowed nicely and never felt out of place. It was great. I also thought that the characters were well-written, to a certain extent. Jisuh did some things in the story that definitely didn't make sense, given his backstory with past relationships, and it confused me as to why he would say or do certain things. Jisuh's ex-boyfriend was beautifully written, in my opinion, during Jisuh's backstory episode (that episode is one of my favorites). And although he doesn't make many actual appearances after that, his character continued to stick with me. Sun-yool's character was actually intriguing, and although he was very annoying at times, he was my favorite character out of the bunch.

Now, Hee-Jae's character. I'm not completely sure if we were supposed to like him in the beginning and then gradually see the "real" him, and then like him...again, but I didn't like him throughout the entire thing. I think the author wanted to make his character do too many things and be too many things, and it just didn't work. His character is more confusing to me than anything else. I did thoroughly enjoy his "backstory" episode with his sister, the one where they were playing cards together (that was also another favorite of mine), though. I absolutely loved the dialogue in that episode.

I'm saying all of this to say that I'm not sure character writing (at least for characters that play larger roles) and relationship building is this author's strong suit. As mentioned before, Jisuh would do a lot of things that didn't make complete sense, given his backstory and his established character. I also think that the relationships in this story developed a little too fast for my liking (I'm mainly talking about Sun-yool liking Jisuh all of a sudden and Jisuh falling in love with Hee-Jae).

Now, the plot. The plot seemed to be going somewhere. I geninuely believed that this story would become a favorite of mine, but that did not happen. Towards the end of the story, the plot just became a Lifetime movie. And if you've seen ANY lifetime movie ever, you'll know exactly what I mean. It quickly turned into a...thriller? And then back to a regular romance? I really don't know. All I have to say was that I became more and more disinterested as the chapters went along, and I started skimming.

Lastly, I really want to talk about the ending. It was terrible. Incoming spoilers............................So you get back together with the person who mentally exhausted you, used you for his own gain, and paid your manipulative ex-boyfriend (the one he only knew about because he stalked you, bascially) to come back into your life to mess with you again? This is one of the things that made absolutely no sense when it came to Jisuh's character. This is just his last relationship, but ten times worse. And I would've been fine with this ended if this story wasn't supposed to be a romance. If this was a story about someone being slowly mentally drained to the last drop by someone they loved and ended up staying with them in the end because they have no one left, or something like that, I would've loved this, not gonna lie.

But it's not that. This is not that kind of story, so the ending was bad. What kind of message does this send to readers? "Even if someone does something completely disgusting and terrible, you should forgive them because they changed"? Yeah, don't read this.

*I will admit, though, chapter 53 was cute, but it shouldn't be because, once again, this relationship is not healthy and never will be*

TheNuisance1's avatar
Jul 23, 2020

Honestly I wouldnt mind if the "you know what involving 3 blokes" was taken seriously because the character development in this was good enough and like I felt it would potentially be a pretty decent poly relationship Yaoi story! Instead they used the usual damn love triangle tag that's constantly used a lot.

Regardless of my usual complaint when it comes to love triangle Yaoi stuff, it was a good story to binge on! 18+ only folks!

6.8/10 overall
Tkywh's avatar
May 24, 2021

I mean this book was't all so bad but it wasnt all that good either so I can treally say anything but the book was kinda rough around the edges overal

8.4/10 story
7.9/10 characters
AshLynxLover's avatar
May 30, 2020

Review :
I recently finished this manga. It was a really good manga that will make you interested about three charecters Jisuh, Heejun and Sunyool.
This story is a love triangle manga contains BDSM ( warning )

The story is talking about a quiet cameraman called Jisuh knowing that he had run into a huge amount of debt Heejun suggests to him to work with him on a private project which is shooting him and his sex partner - Sunyool - having sex that's weird but what's weirder is that he know basically everything about him so why did Heejun hired him ? and how did he knew about him ?
Tbh the story didn't catch my interest the first time I read the summary but I wa bored and said why not ? Yeah thanx for this " why not " I read this awfully great manga.
The story progress was good and smooth even tho it was rushed in somplaces it was nice overall.

The artstyle was comfortable to the eye making you flipping the pages without realizing it ... I can't say that the artstyle progressed through the series but thankfully it didn't drop and the artstyle to Sunyool charecter became better.

The thing that made me complete reading this manga is the charecters and its development and how they intract ( dealing ) with each other
Spoilers :
At first we have the mc Jisuh : he is 32 years old cameraman a gay one at that . He is too quiet and doesn't get involved with people too much.
Ans he is also afraid of getting hurt so he avoid deep relationships.
Btw he is the uke and he is quite different comparing to the other ukes he may seem weak but he won't let anyone use him or hurt him 2 times. He doen't blush or cry that much which is better to me.
Then we have Heejun : the handsome well-mannered actor who is likeable between everyone in and outside his field but he isn't what he appeared as... he has a bad charecter that uses people and throws them away after that cuz he is afraid of getting bored but in the lastest he changed and began to regert what he did to Jisuh.
Tbh honest he is your normal seme type the super handsome cold guy normal type of charecter qhich he becomes softer in the end normally 😅
Lastly we have Sunyool : this cute and precious charecter a university student and Heejun sex partner he may seem arrogant at first but actually he is just your precious cinnamon roll charecter he also may seem fearless in the begging but when certain events happened he become afraid of being hated, ignored or avoided by a certain person so keeps what he did and what he know a secret.

As you see above all this charecters have their fears and problems which any person could have
( to me I resemble Heejun and Jisuh a bit maybe that why I loved them )
It was enjoyable to see these charecters actions and emotions which btw can be unpredictable sometimes.
So if you are into the type of stories which the charecters are the ones that built the story you should give this one a go.

Sorry if the review was too long or my english was bad ( ESL ) .