Fools - Reviews

Alt title: Fools: Original

Fools
YaoiGodAbove20's avatar
Mar 18, 2021

This felt like the longest, slowest read in my life, there's a high chance you'll get bored but also wanna continue coz of how non-stereotypical the characters are (in the BL world that is). Fools is one of those Korean college campus BLs with a whopping 74 chapters, yet there's no overly exaggerated characters which could be why the MCs' simple appeals are able to hook you into this slice-of-lifey story.

It took around 40 chapters for the two main to be together even tho they were slightly aware of each other's feelings before. Jeongwoo learned of the rumours going on about Eungi's past relationship with ex-guitar club president Helen and decided to suppress his feelings coz of that in those chapters, Eungi was a straight lad who also started developing feelings for Jeongwoo but since he's not the type to talk much he ALSO decided to drag things out.

That pretty much covers it for the first half of the story, after realising their feelings were mutual we go in-depth to the baggages their exes have imposed on them for the second half, there's a bit of drama but all's well after this is settled and the two then travel to Eungi's hometown Busan. The ending is really heartwarming... IF you're wondering why they couldn't recognise the face they saw from few years ago it's prolly due to Eungi's astigmatism & Jeongwoo's post-heartbreak doldrums. With that said the title could also refer to the two liking each other despite being different, legit fools in love.

In conclusion, fools is a SLOW but REWARDING read, sure it gets boring overtime but the ending is fucking wholesome that's reason enough for you to stick around. Attention were also given to other side couples, from unhealthy (Mike X Helen) to a one-sided crush-turned-couple (Joohyun X forgot his name) to hints of potential romance (Kyungjoon X Jeongwoo's sis).

7.4/10 overall
kkimczyra's avatar
Dec 4, 2021

This is absolutely adorable, and I genuinely love how this manhwa actually made me feel as I watched Eungi and Jeongwoo's romance blossom. I love how their meeting feels as if it was meant to be. Although it is a slow-burning romance, I found the pacing to be much more enjoyable as the story progressed. This isn't just about Eungi and Jeongwoo's relationship; rather, it's also about college life and the issues associated with it, such as jealousy, utter confusion, love, fear of being alone and left out, and relationship heartbreak. It addresses the difficulties of coming out in a society that is hostile to same-sex relationships. I also admire Jeongwoo's sister for empathizing with his brother and expressing that she has no right to make judgment because Jeongwoo's happiness is important to her.

I absolutely adore Eunji and Jeongwoo and have genuinely enjoyed watching their relationship develop from initial crushes to official couple. I personally appreciate how their relationship flows smoothly. Everything was so natural, and they had a healthy relationship. Simply seeing them together made my heart skip a beat, but one of my favorite moments is when Jeongwoo takes food photographs and selfies while Eungi, who isn't particularly fond of such things, never stops Jeongwoo and even reminds him to take photographs during their dates. The art is absolutely stunning. The color scheme brings the atmosphere and character to life. It also adds a sense of tranquility and fluffiness to each panel. I freaking love their theme colors of mint and yellow, which are both adorable and complementary to Eungi and Jeongwoo's personalities. Finally, Jeongwoo's smile makes my heart melt!

AbbyG's avatar
Jul 11, 2020

I started this Manga for the sole purpose of knowing why it is named as fools. Were they fools in love or something like that? And they were

It was all sugar and hearts. It was very sweet n there was not much drama or angst or psycho exes which was nice considering the previous manga I read which was all that n more.

Overall, a sweet read. I like how it started and ended with the same thing. U will know once u read it.

Thank you author!

PS: I just cut the 3 points because I'm not into sweet stuff. There's no other reason.

7.5/10 story
Curiousmadra's avatar
May 3, 2020

Pretty much got bored of it after reading 7 chapters:/

Ahlex's avatar
Oct 23, 2020

overall this is a sweet, cute story with nice characters. it gets a little boring, which made me take a long while to finish it. nothing really interesting happens. the art style is simple yet pretty (and it gets even better in their other work 'love or hate' imo). the feelings and struggles of the main characters seem real and believable, tho their actions can be a little annoying sometimes. the side couple, for me, feels one-sided, like the girl doesn't like the boy at all.
the last 2 chapters are beautiful.