Flirting with The Villain's Dad - Reviews

Alt titles: Akdangui Appareul Kkosyeora, Seduce the Villain's Father

Flirting with The Villain's Dad
MinRei's avatar
May 1, 2020

These info were not included above:

Yerenica (mc) is the sister of the mother of the novel's mc. basically the aunt of mc and since she knows what will happen she decided to take things in her own hands to save her sister and unborn niece. Now the villain of the novel is the futurr son of the Emperor, while she was accidentally kidnapped instead of her sister this is where the plan to seduce the villains father start. It's a hit two birds in one stone situation since she is apparently weak against magic, she's unstable around it so she will cling to the emperor for her own safety as well. (the plan was to make sure the dude doesn't marry this girl who'll turn her own son into a villain)

The story seemed common at first until the whole "father" situation because essentially all of them are side characters to the future main characters.

Art, the emperor is *cough* very "father" like and Yerenica is cute.

The characters are the selling point of this story. The emperor is not dense nor a jerk. Love how he is not going tsundere and denying our Yerenica the attention she deserve/want (cuz originally she does want the attention so she can seduce him). As for Yerenica she easily shows her emotions on her face which the emperor find amusing.

This story had the most fluff from all those I've read in like the first few chaps. I won't spoil it but ma dude can't help himself from wanting to protect this rabbit

Edit: so I originally gave this 9.3 but I reduced the scores beause of how slow things got. Man, this started good so I hope something interesting happens soon.

7.3/10 overall
YukinaZero's avatar
May 29, 2020

This story starts off really cringy and I'm not exaggerating when I say that but there's just something about the story that kept me engaged. I love the pacing, it's phenomenal and the storytelling is on point in the latter half of the plot. The main characters are also just so soft for each other and I can't. 😍 Their so adorable, I highly recommend anyone who finds this interesting stick with it because while its definitely not perfect in the beginning, it's my guilty pleasure now, and it could be yours too~

machiabeeli's avatar
Aug 11, 2021

I slept at 4 AM trying to finish reading all 74 chapters. Not a joke.

Flirting With The Villain's Dad changes the standard structure of the genre in one big way - the female lead isekai's into the story before the main novel happens. Her awareness of what will happen in the novel, and what it means for all the characters, influences her to take the plot into her own hands - she decides to marry the original villain's dad to prevent him from being born.

The opening chapters are a little ridiculous at first glance but I think you should give this a chance. This manga's biggest highlight is the relationship between the FL and the ML; how they eventually fall in love with each other, despite their rocky beginnings, is a sight to behold. I especially enjoyed watching the FL's antics and her attempts to get the ML to fall in love with her. And that's no small feat since the ML has an impregnable wall around him that keeps everyone at arm's length.

This manga was exactly what I was craving at this time. After reading the Raeliana manga, I wanted a wholesome, uncomplicated relationship where the characters clearly fall in love with each other and don't make things unnecessarily complicated by being clear with each other's feelings. That is the ideal. The ideal. And this manga has it in spades.

This isn't a good manga if you want a strong and independent ML, comprehensive world building, or a plot that goes beyond the two characters. This is the manga you want to curl up to when you just want to see people fall in love. Especially an emotionally distant ML slowly realizing he can't live without the FL, trying to resist her but ending up committing to her wholeheartedly. Please. PLEASE. IT'S SO GOOD.

One of my all-time guilty favorites!

8.5/10 story
Korihuyori's avatar
Jun 28, 2020

Honestly. ... this ishould somewhat creative considering how many manhuas and novels nowdays are about reincarnation of the villain within a story . This was seemingly a leap of fresh air BUT little did I know . I mean there are not many chaters in this piece but it can be predicted that there will be hardships with the potential mother of the villain and afterward some force stronger than what we are exposed to now . The problem is characters are too static or rather expected to be the way they are exposed to the reader. I mean I shouldn't expect much but overall it sounds more absurdly unrealistic than the average books and manhuas is this genre are . The art is quite nice not going to complain about it but not a 10/10 (although I believe it is impossible for any manhuas to have a 10/10 because it's hard to draw something that can CONTINUALLY please readers eyes). The FL is expected to be sw you can feel empathy towards but I feel nothing of such. The ML on the other hand has a stereotypical character development. And the family of the FL are also as weak as she is herself (both literally and figuratively ) to an unpleasant extent . Like is pity the only thing I should feel towards a main character ?  I do not expect the story to go uphill but if it does pardon my comment and please solidify why it became interesting.

Djevel44's avatar
Nov 8, 2020

Its a amusing story if you just want something casual to read, but if you want something to live your self into then this is not for you, its just to many big mistakes in the story so if you take it even a bit serious you get anoyed.

As a example its a bad person in the story like its written in the description, she uses magic thats illegal and only thing the MC would have to do is to say something indirect as " her magic was dark and vold and felth like death" or something like that, in this story its holy and dark magic, dark is illegal, so just hinting to it would make people actually check up on the evil person, but instead the MC for by the logic of "i cant say anything as  they will know i know the past" its just to much stupidity in the manga to take it seriously sadly.