Faster Than a Kiss - Reviews

Alt title: Kiss yori mo Hayaku

Faster Than a Kiss
soyabeani's avatar
Dec 29, 2020

okay i'll be real honest and say that the story is very unrealistic, and there were a few times while reading i had to pause and re-read to make sure i understood correctly what was happening, but then again i just kept reassuring myself that it's a shouju manga, and its kinda meant to be unrealistic. but it did give me a different perspective on student-teacher relationships, though it's the first time i've read one, i feel like i've learnt to understand it a bit better.

story

it's definitely fast paced, so you really won't get bored reading, and is a good binge-read type. i must say that it did get pretty repetitive the first 20 chapters and i got low-key annoyed, because it would be the same plot everytime, where the FL gets in some kind of trouble or worries and the ML swoops in to save the day. and the latter half i felt was a bit similar to kaichou wa maid sama in the sense of mysterious family secret where the ML has trouble opening up, but i would say it was written with its own originality to it. a lot sense of belonging and family themes for sure.

art

well when there's the scenes that make you go doki doki, the same few panels would appear, and i sometiems wondered if the author used the same panels (nothing wrong with that cuz i'm sure making manga is super time consuming) but it's just what i had noticed.

characters

not gonna lie for a long while i couldn't really understand why or what exactly did the ML like about the FL, but later on it makes sense a bit more... i think. but their love for each other to persevere whatever's being thrown at them and communicate makes me feel that their relationship is pretty solid. the supporting characters were really enjoyable and i liked them a lot!! though i do wish we could've seen more of Ryuu's backstory (the babysitter early on).

conclusion

a lot of moments it made my heart flutter like a maiden in love hehe so i guess in you enjoy fluffy and also funny romance you would enjoy this

cookiesandcrim's avatar
Jan 1, 2013

This manga was pretty amazing to read. I as a person, generally love the whole student/teacher relationship concept since it's pretty much a taboo in schools in Japan.

Fumino was all in all, your typical half tsundere/delinquent girl. Her personality often clashed with her real feelings so it kind of made me frustrated when she would reject Kazuma's advances to make physical contact with her even though that was what she truly wanted. Kazuma was a light-hearted and funny character having a switch on/off mode. When he's a Sensei at school, he's slightly ditzy and nice person but then those rare times come when he's serious with Fumino and holds a different side to him. The other characters were enjoyable as well but the story seemed to mainly revolve between the development of the relationship between these two so the other characters weren't known too well in depth from my perception.

Art: The art was what you would find typically in many mangas. It was nothing fancy but it was still neatly drawn and the characters were pleasing to the eye so there was nothing really wrong with the art.

The plot was very unrealistic but then again, basically most plots in shoujo mangas are. It flowed well, but I felt that having Kazuma's brother as another love rival was unnecessary to the plot. Kazuma's brother should've more served as a character who had a conflict with Kazuma himself only. No need to add a love triangle to complicate things when it was obvious that Kazuma and Fumino's feelings were mutual.

A happy ending and the romantic/cute moments between Kazuma and Fumino was well worth the read. I would definitely recommend this manga if you're looking for some light-hearted reading with some romantic comedy. (: <3

7.5/10 characters
8.2/10 overall
ilovemarshmellows's avatar
Jul 27, 2022

This manga is good for timepass. The only reason I loved this manga was because of chapter 2.5 - a separate short story about cute romance.

8.3/10 overall
ffcfran's avatar
Apr 5, 2016

let me start by saying i hate teacher/student relationships. however this made me a fan. this alone changed my views on the genre. i loved this manga. i love that they dont rush into love but fall into it slowly and sweetly. the family dynamic between sister and little brother and how wonderfully the teacher takes them on. the family dynamic is the main reason i love this. blood doesnt make family realtionships do.

meitanteiyana's avatar
May 5, 2012

well, the story is very good! i don't know if the others think like me, but i must admit that this is one of the best manga i'd ever red! i wonder why some stopped in reading Faster than a Kiss, but at least many people love this manga :).

the story is unique, romantic, funny, and it's like it happened in real life. it is not like the other mangas i red that was romantic, then .... well, it's hard to explain. But here in Faster than a Kiss, the mix of emotions is well done. the emotions i felt changed everytime i red every happening they experienced. the surge of romance, then it will be followed by humor, until sadness and anger ( yup... i was angry and sad at some parts of it ;) ) came in, and transform back to romance... making it more lovable.

i highly recommend this manga to everyone who wants romance, humor, and unique storyline! i mean, really. ^^