Falling for the Enemy - Reviews

Alt title: Wonsureul Saranghage Doen Iyue Daehayeo

Falling for the Enemy
machiabeeli's avatar
Feb 27, 2022

It's such a treat to read manhwas with MLs who fall in love before the FLs. Like yes show her what it's like to be loved and adored!! Go lil rockstar!!

I love this manhwa for three reasons:

1. The ML already establishes his attraction to the FL in less than 5 chapters.
  2. He's an appropriate, respectful ML who doesn't overshadow the successes of the FL and treats her with the respect that she is due.
  3. Communication is clear from the beginning. She asks him straight up if he's interested in her and he is clear about his intent to court her.

Those three things are very important for a good relationship outside of fiction and, although misunderstandings are quite common for any romance work, it's very refreshing to see characters who are actually behaving in a way that makes logical sense. Thank god for that.

There aren't a lot of chapters yet as of this review but rest assured that this is clearly quality work! Art style and coloring is impeccable, the FL is independent yet aware of her own emotions, and the characters aside from the main seem to hold potential. I approve of it so far! Excited to see where this will go and I have high hopes for the progression of this manhwa.

I gave this somewhat low ratings because we don't see its full potential yet. I'll update this once there are more chapters!

Reviewed at Chapter 11.

8.5/10 characters
Aureliaaa17's avatar
Mar 14, 2023

Fluffy, action-packed manhwa with a considerable plot. I like that the ML is not just doing the bare minimum courtesy towards the FL (considering how the climate here shuns women in power), I like how he's able to identify and respect the FL's title and not forcing her to relinquish all responsibilities that come with her title just so he can love her.

This manhwa only has 48 chapters so I guess the development is kinda rushed? But nevertheless, it was a good-read! If you're looking for a short manhwa that has action and romance, this may be the one for you.

6.9/10 art
6.9/10 characters
LuckyM's avatar
Jan 26, 2023

Probably the best short story I have ever read. You get the full experience of a longer comic, but with some added fluff and a little shorter. WOrld building isn't expanded on because it isn't the focus of the story, the characters are. All ends were neatly tied and the comedy... oh lord. The comedy is PERFECTION! The CP character is the same overall set up as the CP from Adelaide, but times 3. Literally can not reccomend enough. However be carefull with the translations, some versions are choppy. You can see my recommended list for the site I found has the best version.

PlatonicSidekick's avatar
Oct 5, 2023

The only thing I disliked about this was that I wish it would have explained the plot and story behind all of the characters more. Like I would have loved to see more of the prince and Eddie when they were young, since they are still hella close like brothers. Or why the princesses were hostage at all, why the duke did what he did when his wife loved that family as well as more moments of the Duchess's bond. Or why Jeanne decided to do what his father wanted at all.

But thats why it was so good, it made me wish it was longer and had more. But at the same time it wasnt lacking and was just so good. Easily, easily, my all time favourite read now. Was it complicated or ploy full? No but it had all it needed to while not just focusing on romance. It was so fun and will easily be one of the few manwas Ill reread again.

Flore14otaku's avatar
Apr 24, 2022

OMG this is such a good story

I fully recommend this one <333333