Erased - Reviews

Alt title: Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Erased
Eiraza's avatar
Dec 13, 2016

So this is mostly a mystery, suspense manga. Not gonna leave a very long review here. No direct love interest per say, just the insinuation of one to be continued. Read it all in a couple of hours, really good I must say. Plot, characters, and really satisfying ending.

If you liked the anime you'll definitely like this.

Feravel's avatar
Aug 7, 2018

This manga is a must-read if you're a time travel fan. It may be a bit long for those who aren't used to reading manga, but it's worth the time

Recently I got into time travel stories and this one was too good to not leave a review. The story is not something you see everywhere, I found it special. You get the feeling that you don't want it to finish
The story isn't fast-paced, you can experience the protagonist's experiences and even sympathize with him. Not only him, but all the characters have their own traits, even though the ones I liked weren't that important. I've come to love (almost) all of the characters

This manga does a nice job expressing the character's emotions, it makes you get all kind of feelings while enjoying the story

However, there were some things of the story I didn't like at all. I don't know if this is a good thing, that it was unexpected, or if it's a bad thing because I disliked it, but I can say it was great despite everything

Worth reading, just do it

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Sep 13, 2019

The story is beautifully written. Satoru jumps back in time twenty years to his childhood and uses this as an opportunity to try to prevent the kidnapping and murder of one of his classmates, Kayo. He must try to find and foil the plans of a very clever culprit who hides in the shadows. We see Satoru's character grow and develop even as he returns to his childhood. He has trace sociopathic elements, but these are overshadowed by his innate desire to be a superhero fighting for justice. He has a quirk of spouting out whatever he's thinking, which creates many lighthearted moments. His mother, Sachiko, is very insightful and righteous, and acts as a stable rock for Satoru throughout his journey. His relationship with her is probably one of the most touching parts of the story--showing both the annoyance children can have toward their parents, but also the deep love and affection.

For the story, everything up through chapter 32, I would rate as a 10/10. For the last thirteen chapters, I would rate it as a 2/10. The current ending involved changing the culprit's modus operandi to something which didn't match their previous characterization. There were definitely better ways they could've resolved the story, but even though the ending left a bad taste in my mouth, I would still recommend this manga as being one worth reading.