Empress? Empress! - Reviews

Alt title: Hwangbinim? Hwangbinim!

Empress? Empress!
YukinaZero's avatar
Jun 26, 2020

I have nothing against this manga. In fact I'm sure that a lot of people who read this will love it. Personally, my problem is that I didn't care for the male lead. He's basically a awkward, emotionally constipated guy that knows nothing about romance. So the story starts one year after they get married and, haven't seen each other since. It was just too slow passed for me, and I didn't feel like going through over 80 chapters of this awkward neglecting man-child trying to figure out his feelings. I'm sure a lot of people will love this but if it's not clicking for me even after 8 chapters then I'm out.

Royal1k's avatar
Oct 22, 2020

I LOVE ISKEAI

when I first started reading this, I was like " yay another copy and pasted plot, count me in"

but then, it just hit rock bottom, like lower than deep depths of the ocean 🙅🏾‍♀️
I don't recommend, I still reading it for the art, but shiiiiit the story is so silly

like she keeps saying "that character never existed in the book" like girl shouldn't u be prepared for characters that don't exists because what should surprise u the most is that u got transported into a stupid romance novel

2/5

then art is wonderful but wasted on a silly story that's so rushed

like he never saw his wife for a whole year after they got married and started liking her because of a piece of cake she gave him 🍰

Nani the fuck is that??💆🏾‍♀️ I got a headache

2.1/10 story
2.5/10 characters
5.3/10 overall
kimgillhyung's avatar
Aug 10, 2020

It's pretty good! When first reading it's exciting and cute. But gradually when the chapter go on it gets boring. The male lead is okay, in my opinion his character is too dry. The female lead is great, though, she needs to stop forcing someone else on her man ALL THE TIME. It's fustrating and annoying. Overall this is a rollercoaster for me. One second i'm happy and excited then the next i'm mad and annoyed. I won't drop this because I can see the potential of spice this has, so I'll keep reading.

2.5/10 characters
Ponyo18's avatar
Jun 27, 2020

Funny and cute at first but this got really boring really fast. It had a few peculiar, exotic details but I'm not as entertained as I expected. This manga just wasn't for me but I'll keep reading just because there are some moments where I can laugh.