Eleceed - Reviews

Eleceed
Zezmen's avatar
Jun 1, 2020

Hello,

sorry if theis review is a bit rough as it is my first, but into the review-

STORY

The story is absolutely excellent and continually gets better every additional chapter. I am constantly  amazed at how the author seemlessly introduces world building elements. The premise of the comic is very intruiging and leaves an absolute ton of options for the author to take the story. The basic plot (maybe minor spoliers i don't really know?) is that Jiwoo the mc stumblkes across a very fat injured cat (Kayden) who was transformed into a cat after being chased and it turns out that Kayden is an "awakened one"(someone with superpowers essentially) and this also leads Kayden to realizing that Jiwoo also has superpowers. This leads Kayden to train Jiwoo and become a mentor and friend. Jiwoo also has other friends that are awakened ones and overall it gives off wholesome vibes. i really just hope the author realizes that what the comic is really cut out for isn't heavy dark subject matter that a lot of stories tend to introduce to spice everything up, and personally that would be a litle disappointing because this is my absolute favorite story that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy after reading a good chapter.

ART

The artist, Zhena is the perfect match for the story as his previous experince with the battle/school comic Girls of the Wild's transfers well to eleceed which feels somewhat familiar as far as genre and overall tone. The art is one of the best on webtoon and other comics but unlike the plot it is not quite as perfect(and this is completely personal opinion and i still believe he is the correct artist for the story). i docked .2 points almost completely not because of the actual drawings but the color palette could be a little more eye catching and intresting because the right color will grab a reader and make them see the importance of the drawing. But overall this art is magneficent.

Jiwoo- a kind-hearted boy with super speed. And my goodness is this just the perfect character he is so innocent kind but also a sponge for learning and good at adapting. his humor and overall tone just makes your heart melt. this does not mean that he does not have character flaws (this isn't the author's fault they were put there so that Jiwoo is more relatable and more human)first he is to gulliable which leads him to be to trusting of others in his life mainly due to not having any friends as a child. Jiwoo seems to have more of a childlike personality as he seems to still enjoy sleepovers with friends and other basic things young children would enjoy greatly. This is not a bash on his character it is what i love about him it makes me miss somethings that seem to fade away as you get closer to being an adult.

Kayden- sarcastic, fat, and suprisingly protective. Kayden was a very powerful loner battler seeking a more powerful opponent according to the comic but we dont know what happened that he had to change into a cat as of chapter 58 on the english webtoon app. but the sarcastic fat cat reminds me of garfield which makes me extremely happy because that was my favorite tv show and comic as a yound child so it reinforces the faint taste of nostalgia throughout the story for myself. Kayden is protective of Jiwoo as a friend and mentor and this is a major character development of Kaydens through the story so far.

Honestly getting tired other characters are important too but you really dont need to read about them in an anime planet comic review.

OVERALL RATING - 10/10

final thoughts- I look forward to the progresssion of this comic and hope that it reaches the top of the webtoon charts as it surely deserves. I am just hoping that the story does not come to an end shortly because i can see this as a 400-700 chapter story and i personally think it can become an even greater sucess with better marketing on the webtoon platform. i doubt the author or illustrator ever reads this but if they do i would like to say thank you for the amazing experinces and that they should keep trucking ahead climbing the action comic leaderbord on webtoon.

9.8/10 art
ShubhamJ44's avatar
Nov 1, 2020

This is really brilliant and just keeps improving with each chapter. Now this is expected because it is charcter-driven story and once the characters grow upon you your enjoyment in the story will keep increasing.

The artist did an amazing job. The art is great but what is even better is the character's expressions. They elevate the story to a whole new level.

The author keeps expanding the world yet it never gets boring. I like almost each and every character from this webtoon.

Con: The initial few chapters are not that great. The only thing which had me keep going was the fact that its rated 9.92/10 on webtoon. Its the highest rated show so I knew it would be good. 15 chapters in, I started to like the webtoon and 25 chapters in I was in love with it.

9.7/10 story
9.9/10 overall
Ponyo18's avatar
Jul 24, 2020

This is the funniest, cutest, most enjoyable supernatural manga I have ever read.

Story: The main character has an ability and meets other people like him. The first person he meets that has an ability has transformed into a cat until he recovers from a fight. It's much more unique and serious than I make it sound and by far one of my top manga.

Art: Same artist as the one from Girls of the Wild's. It was okay in that manga, but they have improved greatly in this one. The MC is so cute.

Characters: The main character, along with a few other characters, are major cat lovers. He has like a bunch of cats in his house. The cat with an ability that I mentioned earlier, is very strong and hilarious. I can't exactly explain why he turned into a cat, it's complicated. But his human form is 👍👌

Overall: One of the best webtoons I have ever read. I'd give it 4/5 stars.

7.5/10 art
Tejulee's avatar
Jan 31, 2021

Hello, I love this story so just read it and don't read useless reviews.

I clicked on Eleceed by mistake and I don't regret it at all. The cover picture looked very boring to me but the story is amaziiing. What are you still waiting for? Art will also get better with time and characters, pffw. I don't know how this is possible but I love almost every character in this manhwa. Like yeah, first you won't like everyone but there is this thing called character development. I also gave it better rankings than to Solo Leveling. The protagonist will also become OP but you can see that he worked hard and well KAYDEN-SAMA (he's proly not japanese but I had to show some respects) is his teacher. Kayden is not the protagonist (sadly) but he's also the OP from the beginning. On the top of that he's very cruel and the tsundere type (which is really popular in the manhwa), haha. In the first chapter, he got seriously hurt by his enemies so he decided to turn into cat and hide. Meanwhile in this time, Jiwoo will find him (this manhwa is full of cat lovers, I love it) and take care of him. That's when they will get to know each other and build their beautiful father-pupil relationship. In next chapters, we will encounter many difficult situations with many different characters but seriously - I LOVE THEM ALL. They will turn into such babies, I swear, you will love them too.

So this is mostly it. This manhwa has a beautiful art 9/10, the story is a bit similar to the trend of OP but the cat situation is very special to me so I'll give it 10/10, and characters - they are all loveable so I have to give them 10/10. This manhwa made me cry so many times. But not because it was sad. It was sooo funny! I don't normally read comedies but this is a gem. Yeah, so if you liked Solo leveling or The beginning after the End, you will most likely like this too. I feel like this is way too underrated, so let's change it! Let's make it into a well-known manhwa!

fullmetalsun's avatar
Apr 2, 2021

Eleceed is my top webtoon so I'm very bias towards this, sorry if this review will be all over the place. The story of eleceed is pretty smooth, it feels like it always knows where to head. The progression is one of my favprite parts since it also includes world building. The art keeps on improving and much more smoother. I was re-reading the first 5 chapters and the old art style felt nostalgic and rough. Compred to the newest chapters, we see much brighter colors and clean lines. Really helps in pull readers in. The characters is really the best part and the selling point of eleceed. The mc is such a woonderful character to see progress, he still kept his optimisam and wonder even after being in multiple near death experiences. He never hiesitates to lend a hand and always think of others before him. Anyone who meets him is always pleasantly surprise, except for the bullies of course since he always puts them in their place. The friend group that he has grown along side with, is just the best group he could ask for. They are like his ride or dies and i simply adore the whole group. Especially when they put a happy face for him when he is going through a rough time in recent chapters. Their bonds is so fresh, but they have gone through so much together that the bond seems almost unbreakable. The other characters around them is so diverse. There are some so corrupt by classcism and others who simply ignore it. Power is always a constant conflict amongst everyone and it's great to see the main group break the norms. Overall 10/10 and would love to see others read it and really read into the story more. I hope, for my poor heart, that it all turns out well and the ending will bring satisfaction.