Dragon Ball Z - Reviews

Dragon Ball Z
Tokavega's avatar
Jun 8, 2021

Back in the day of no internet, I would watch Dragon Ball / Z with my dad on tv every day after dinner. The channel would play one episode every weekday and if I had to stay longer at school or dad had to stay longer at work, we would record the episode on vhs for one another and later watch it again together. Those were the best moments I've had with him.

I also eventually managed to gather whole collection of 42 Dragon Ball / Z books and I would read it all over again and every time cry and laugh and feel all the emotions all over again.

This manga will always have a place in my heart and will always remind me of the times I've spent with my dad and of my happy, stress free young years.

ChocoboBorn's avatar
Feb 1, 2012

Dragon Ball Z. Simply it's about guys who use kung fu to fight invading aliens who want to destroy earth. Sounds kind of simple and sort of corny. Good thing the plot gets deeper and more incredible.

Story: Learn Kung fu. Protect the earth from invading aliens. Learn the truth about your origins. Gain super incredible powers. Eat large amounts of food. Shoot pure energy from your hands. Die. Come back to life. Do it all over again.  That's just a little bit of what makes up DBZ.

Like all great shonen mangas, they're strong points are comedy and action. I recommened this for anyone who is really into that kind of stuff. If you get wowed at the beginning of DBZ, just wait, it gets better. If you don't get into it, try reading the later chapters. That's when the fights get even better.