Double Arts - Reviews

Double Arts
Lanaette's avatar
Aug 1, 2011

A boy and a girl are forced to join hands for all eternity!? In a land ravaged by an epidemic known as "Troy", the only people with healing arts capable of stopping the seizures caused by the disease are the Sisters. Although they have a high resistance to the disease, they are searching for a person who is truly immune, if they exist, so that they can find a cure. The main character is Sister Elraine, one of the Sisters who becomes infected with Troy. But, when she touches Kiri, a seemingly ordinary boy, her seizures stop. Could he be the one!?

The storyline is interesting and has not been used before. It might sound boring, with all that hands always together romance kinda stuff, at first but when you actually start reading, you can't stop. Story itself is captivating and when you have read it, it leaves urge to read even more. Too bad it didn't have enough readers to continue till the end.

This mangas art style is the way I like it. It's easy to read, but still there are enough details to put some edge to it. It shows that the artist put some effort in it and isn't going with the "what so ever" attitude. The way the artist draws makes it easy to regognise different characters and different scenes, when characters move from one place to another.

Characters are easy to regognise by looking, but they don't have so strong personalities as they could have. They have some different features and are mostly interesting, but when you think of specific character later on, you won't remember his/her pesonality so well.

After all this, it is a manga for my taste even if it doesn't have so strong characters. I might sound crazy but, mostly when I'm reading manga or watching anime, I have this feeling of rush, like I didn't have enough time, but when reading this, that feeling didn't appear.

NOTE: This review is not written by professional. It's just my opinion. If you have your own, I would appreciate it.

NOTE2: Actually this is my first time writing review.... No hard feelings, eh? >__<''