Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro - Reviews

Alt title: Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Curiousmadra's avatar
Jul 3, 2020

So basically I began reading this manga because I heard it from anitubers (The Anime Man) talk about it and there's an anime adaption in the works. I read the 63 chapters (not gonna lie, it is an addictive read) and honestly I think reading 63 chapters were enough for me to say, this ain't for me chief....

All you're getting is a teen girl who constantly downgrades, mocks and pretty much harrasses a guy older than her just because he doesn't stand up for himself. You don't realise how many times I've tried to drop this manga altogether but yeah I just feel it's just so controlling and very aggressive. That's not a good thing to start a relationship full stop....

The only good thing about this manga is that it's art is pretty nice but the rest, I might as well want to forget about it.....

gibs9's avatar
Mar 1, 2018

So far it is a cute, funny story. The main character is a artsy nerd who's scared of his own shadow. A cute underclassman takes an interest in him, and displays it by harassing him constantly. It has been interesting to what their relationship progress.

nathandouglasdavis's avatar
Dec 31, 2019

It's not at all an exaggeration when I say that the eyes are what first sparked my interest in this manga and are predominantly what maintains my interest as the series continues. I've read my fair share of manga, but I can't think of any other with eyes this expressive and beautiful. As Nagatoro enjoys femself while tease-flirting with the unnamed senpai, feir irises fluidly change size and color and grow Ringlets of Mischief. Which contrasts with the almost lifeless stare when Nagatoro engages with other boys. And then there's Nagatoro's Almond Eyes of Don't-Touch-My-Man, which perfectly evoke possessive jealousy. As for the senpai, feir eyes wiggle and squirm behind feir glasses as fe tries to avoid confrontation.

It's really cute seeing Nagatoro demean and mock the senpai, but at the same time wanting the senpai to be the best that fe can be (as evidenced by Nagatoro pushing the senpai to get into shape physically and encouraging fem to ask for what fe wants). Nagatoro often teases fem by repeating what the senpai says, finding perverted subtext behind innocent actions and words, and calling fem gross. And Nagatoro playfully beats the senpai with noodly appendages. Sometimes, things will go further than expected and the teaser ends up embarrassed and blushing. We also see Nagatoro getting swept along by the group of friends--who enjoy mocking the senpai purely for mockery's sake--and upping feir insulting game when they're around. But then again, Nagatoro will also defend the senpai when fe thinks they go too far and will act possessive of the guy when they try to bully fem (since bullying is flirting in Nagatoro's mind).

[Reviewed at chapter 50]

nachfuellbar's avatar
Apr 11, 2021

Just read the first volume of this Manga.

It's basically just gal bully is mean to wimpy guy.

She is clearly not teasing but bullying hin and his reaction to this? Mostly crying in the most pathetic way.

I don't know if all volumes are like this but the first one is obviously far from good.

Most likely I will read at least the volumes I bought via humblebundle but I don't really expect anything anymore.

shunsuikyo's avatar
Jul 12, 2021

It's pretty good at being good and also good at doing good entertainment